Branson 3510 hood latch

/ Branson 3510 hood latch #1  

Sheddiver

Tractor
Branson 3510h, Ford 9n
Went out to the barn this morning to plug the engine block heater in. Pulled the hood unlatch cable and found that the hood would not unlatch. When I pull the cable I can hear the a noise from the latch area but it is not releasing the hood. Any ideas on how to open the hood? Thanks.

/ Branson 3510 hood latch #2  
I would try a sharp bump on the sides with my hands, not on the flat area, that could cause a dent.
Maybe have someone pull the latch at the same time.
When you do get it open try a dab of grease on the pin.

/ Branson 3510 hood latch #3  
Went out to the barn this morning to plug the engine block heater in. Pulled the hood unlatch cable and found that the hood would not unlatch. When I pull the cable I can hear the a noise from the latch area but it is not releasing the hood. Any ideas on how to open the hood? Thanks.

Hold down pressure on the hood while pulling the release lever.( May take two people.) Worked on my John Deere.

/ Branson 3510 hood latch #4  
OK, I'm late to the party on this one .... When my hood latch stuck I slid a carpenter's pry bar between the hood and the body. That moved the latch so it would open. I had to do this because the cable was mis-routed and was binding. Imagine looking down at the hood latch. The cable should have entered the latch at 12 o'clock. This one was entering the latch from 7 o'clock. That explains the binding. Interestingly, there is plenty of cable length to fit properly.

Unfortunately, that binding caused the latch to be nearly impossible to open ... and then I broke the t-handle <sigh>. That's going to hurt the old wallet