Advice Please on a Branson 6530R

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #1  

Bullstrode35

Tractor
Kubota B7100hst, Branson 6530R
Just a couple of questions I'm hoping somebody might be able to answer please ...

1. On the dashboard, in the LCD screen showing hours, to the left of the hours there's a flashing icon - could be an hourglass. (See attached photo). I don't think it's always been there, at least I haven't noticed it. Has anybody else seen it please? If so, is it a service reminder - in which case how do you update it? My Operator Manual just shows the number of hours with no mention of any icon and the dealer who sold it, albeit 5 yrs ago to somebody else, doesn't know either.

2. I'm thinking of getting a backhoe. That will mean running the engine whilst stationary to power it; but with the tractor's parking brake on. You guessed it, how do I find the 6530's parking brake alarm so I can mute it whilst operating the backhoe? I know it's a good idea most of the time so just plan to fit a switch. Sure is loud!

Any advice gratefully received,
With thanks,

Bullstrode35

Attachments

• Symbol_nextto_Hours_in_Display.jpg
    Symbol_nextto_Hours_in_Display.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 111
   / Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #2  
I believe the hour glass flashing is just the hour meter indicating it is working. I have it on my 2400H.

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #3  
The flashing meter had always been there you've just now noticed. No worries!

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R
Much thanks to ecbaatz and Mr Bitz for putting me straight on the flashing icon. I guess I'll have to clean my dashboard, and pay attention, a bit more often.

That just leaves the knotty question of where the beeper, or its wire, is for the hand brake alarm? It's so loud it seems to be coming from everywhere and I can't see how I can use a backhoe with it on ...

Again, much thanks,
cheers,

B35

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #5  
Worst case scenario on the buzzer is to disconnect the switch for your parking brake?? You'll loose your light on the dash then is the problem. I would have to guess the buzzer is under your instrument panel somewhere, might have to pull that apart to see.. They don't put those buzzers on anymore.. Probably a good thing..

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #6  
Worst case scenario on the buzzer is to disconnect the switch for your parking brake?? You'll loose your light on the dash then is the problem. I would have to guess the buzzer is under your instrument panel somewhere, might have to pull that apart to see.. They don't put those buzzers on anymore.. Probably a good thing..

I wish they would hook up the parking brake light on the 2400H. Now I have to rig up one myself.

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #7  
I don't know why they don't have it on the 2400H.. Something seems a bit backwards here. As you can see there is a light on the dash but no LIGHT UP!!

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #8  
I don't know why they don't have it on the 2400H.. Something seems a bit backwards here. As you can see there is a light on the dash but no LIGHT UP!!

My thoughts exactly, however since it is there I should be able mount a switch to the parking break to get it to operate. Just waiting for some warmer weather before removing a lot of plastic.

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #9  
Just a couple of questions I'm hoping somebody might be able to answer please ...

1. On the dashboard, in the LCD screen showing hours, to the left of the hours there's a flashing icon - could be an hourglass. (See attached photo). I don't think it's always been there, at least I haven't noticed it. Has anybody else seen it please? If so, is it a service reminder - in which case how do you update it? My Operator Manual just shows the number of hours with no mention of any icon and the dealer who sold it, albeit 5 yrs ago to somebody else, doesn't know either.

2. I'm thinking of getting a backhoe. That will mean running the engine whilst stationary to power it; but with the tractor's parking brake on. You guessed it, how do I find the 6530's parking brake alarm so I can mute it whilst operating the backhoe? I know it's a good idea most of the time so just plan to fit a switch. Sure is loud!

Any advice gratefully received,
With thanks,

Bullstrode35

Not clear to me WHY you would want/need to put the parking brake on when operating the back hoe.
I put the outriggers down and usually some down force on the bucket BEFORE leaving the seat and don't pick them up unless I want to drag myself around with the hoe, or I'm back in the seat.
If that isn't enough "Braking" I don't know what is.

/ Advice Please on a Branson 6530R #10  
The parking brake buzzer works in conjunction with the shuttle shift and should only buzz if tractor is put into forward or reverse during parking brake set.