"Soft" cabs.

/ "Soft" cabs. #1  

Reg

Elite Member
OK, so a factory cab with heat, air and a "PERFECT" fit would be nice - VERY NICE !
Also pricey, VERY PRICEY !

I had been looking at "Soft cabs" for.....
well, since the snow started last year, come to think of it I've looked at them almost every year that we have HAD snow.
This year Boston Mass got a LOT of snow and I'm about 40 miles due west of there, so I got plenty.
The snow itself isn't too bad, the wind and driving wet snow is UGLY.

I found covermytractor.com and they claimed to have a pattern for a Branson 3820i
Knowing that Century and Branson are Kukje tractors with different paint & emblems I tried to convince them that what fits a Branson 3820i will fit a Century C42 - also any other "large frame" Branson or Century.
It took a while, in the mean time I searched around the forums and found this thread in the LS forum;
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractors/330508-winter-cab-2012-ls-4041h.html
I participated and visited the O/P a couple of days ago before committing to order.
My opinion of that cab is clearly stated in that thread.

I will exchange e-mail with Walt at covermytractor.com a couple more times on details and to get a final price, but I think by mid-week my credit card number will be in their hands.

Every day the temps get above freezing I think, "Ahhh, maybe I'll put this off another year", but the reality is I want a canopy anyway and if I get the soft cab NOW it will be all fitted, adjusted, de-bugged and READY to put back on before the snow flies 9 or 10 months from now.

Of course, with MY luck we will now get 5 DRY and VERY WARM winters in a row :D

/ "Soft" cabs. #2  
I have one of their soft cabs. It fit my tractor very well and has been well worth it. Below zero with a driving wind your in a world of comfort with just winter coat and the heat coming off the tractor iron.
The velcro fasteners on the sliding door are a bit annoying but they work. I expect to get about ten years out of mine as I've had some wear and tear on the clear plastic panels in cold weather.

/ "Soft" cabs. #3  
Let us know what you do and once you do get it post some pics on this forum so we all can see it..

/ "Soft" cabs.
@vtsnowedin,
I see that you have the soft front window and it seems no wiper.
How does that work out when snow is actually falling, or DRIVING SNOW ?
Does it all just shake off as you drive ?

Bobby in the LS forum has the harder front window and electric wiper, though he didn't much like the wiper's price.
I think it is a $275 option right now.
Was it price that kept you from getting the hard front window and wiper ?

/ "Soft" cabs. #5  
@vtsnowedin,
I see that you have the soft front window and it seems no wiper.
How does that work out when snow is actually falling, or DRIVING SNOW ?
Does it all just shake off as you drive ?

Bobby in the LS forum has the harder front window and electric wiper, though he didn't much like the wiper's price.
I think it is a $275 option right now.
Was it price that kept you from getting the hard front window and wiper ?

I never considered it. Might not have even been available when I bought mine. Snow blows off or you can unzip the window and pull it in to wipe it off but that is not advisable when it's super cold. It really hasn't been a problem at all and I've plowed while it was snowing and blowing a blizzard.

/ "Soft" cabs.
Thanks,
I have been thinking that MOST snow won't stick and if a bit does I could just lean forward and tap on the windshield to shake it off.
I'll jiggle and juggle the penny jar a couple more times.

I can see the point of the velcro, SO much easier for driver and/or rescuers if/when something goes horribly wrong.

/ "Soft" cabs. #7  
Thanks,
I have been thinking that MOST snow won't stick and if a bit does I could just lean forward and tap on the windshield to shake it off.
I'll jiggle and juggle the penny jar a couple more times.

I can see the point of the velcro, SO much easier for driver and/or rescuers if/when something goes horribly wrong.

Yes the tap method is usually sufficient. If I were designing a new improved model I'd add steel round rods around the left door and hinge it to a rod coming down from the canopy and add a regular latch and handle to make getting out on a routine basis quicker and easier.
I take the doors right off for the summer.

/ "Soft" cabs. #8  
Yes the tap method is usually sufficient. If I were designing a new improved model I'd add steel round rods around the left door and hinge it to a rod coming down from the canopy and add a regular latch and handle to make getting out on a routine basis quicker and easier.
I take the doors right off for the summer.
That would be the Original Tractor Cab design.

/ "Soft" cabs. #9  
You can also check with RJPartsco or other dealer for Original Tractor Cab. I bought a cab for my Mahindra 2615HST. The one I ordered was for a different tractor model but was an exact fit for mine. I ordered the optional front safety glass window and a RoadPro electric ceramic heater. Had about a grand invested. Doors are also easily removable (lift off) for summer use. The heater does require at least a 40A alternator on your tractor.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ing/195079-2615-2816-3015-owners-wanting.html

Attachments

• DSCN0384 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0384 [640x480].JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN0383 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0383 [640x480].JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0378 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0378 [640x480].JPG
    213 KB · Views: 139
   / "Soft" cabs.
Thanks George,
but looking at RJPARTSCO a little over 4 years after you bought that, it seems they don't carry any tractor cabs at all now - or their
search engine can't find them.