3520H - working with wood

/ 3520H - working with wood #1  

Gafn

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3520H
Had my first chance to work with some weight.

What do you think this log weighs?

Until I cut it the 3520 would not lift it...

I have had this tractor 1.5 months and I am very happy with it.

20150529_161557.jpg
20150529_172443.jpg
20150529_172537.jpg

/ 3520H - working with wood #3  
I would guess that the log was a lot of weight.. Was it that the rear of the tractor would come off the ground or that the loader just wouldn't lift it at all? The back end of the tractor should have came off the ground if your hydraulics are adjusted properly. Also love your pics of the Dodge Ram and the Branson, best set up you can have.. Love it.. Thanks for the pics.

/ 3520H - working with wood
Using that tool - the log was 27 inches at the base and 24 foot long. - puts it at @ 6000lbs.
The tractor - simply refused to lift it, did not lift the rear tires.

If that weight estimate is correct, with the 3520h at 4000lbs, I was hauling near the max capacity of that trailer.

Thanks for the comments on the Ram, The cummins is a workhorse, and once you build the transmission , and replace the factory flex plate, and torque converter, you can turn up the power, and really haul. Always run a pyrometer so you don't melt your turbo, and just pour the coal to her....

rasorbackq

Please re-read my original post - I stated that the 3520 could not lift the log until I cut it, in fact I had to cut the 24 foot log into 4 - 6 foot long sections to be able to lift it. I dragged the log into position, then tried to lift one end so I could cut it without my chain hitting the ground, and the 3520 could NOT lift it.

/ 3520H - working with wood #7  
I have a 4720H and it will not lift 2000lbs so not sure how your 3500 lifted that much weight.

I have found a lot of these loaders are not set to the proper PSI setting on the valve and might need to be re-adjusted. They are suppose to come from the factory at 2450psi, if they are not set to that they will not lift their respected capacity of 2100lbs. Might want to check that.

/ 3520H - working with wood #8  
Using that tool - the log was 27 inches at the base and 24 foot long. - puts it at @ 6000lbs.
The tractor - simply refused to lift it, did not lift the rear tires.

If that weight estimate is correct, with the 3520h at 4000lbs, I was hauling near the max capacity of that trailer.

Thanks for the comments on the Ram, The cummins is a workhorse, and once you build the transmission , and replace the factory flex plate, and torque converter, you can turn up the power, and really haul. Always run a pyrometer so you don't melt your turbo, and just pour the coal to her....

Would make sense why it wouldn't lift it. That's pretty heavy.

/ 3520H - working with wood #9  
rasorbackq

Please re-read my original post - I stated that the 3520 could not lift the log until I cut it, in fact I had to cut the 24 foot log into 4 - 6 foot long sections to be able to lift it. I dragged the log into position, then tried to lift one end so I could cut it without my chain hitting the ground, and the 3520 could NOT lift it.
Got it. You didn't say in the original post you cut it into 4-6' pieces . Looking at the picture It seemed it was liftable after the one cut in the pic.

Got it. You didn't say in the original post you cut it into 4-6' pieces . Looking at the picture It seemed it was liftable after the one cut in the pic.

Sorry about that - I thought that pics of it cut up on the trailer covered that.
Nope - not lift-able after only one cut - in fact even the 6 foot pieces, stopped the curl function from working.
I could lift without an issue, but could not curl the forks back.
Mr. Bitz may have something about the loaders not being set to the proper PSI - I need to get a test gauge and see where mine is set.