Oil & Fuel 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #1  

smithrd6

Tractor
2015 Branson 3520h
Got my new Branson 3520h tractor in July, after 71 hours of perfect service, tractor stopped running, would crank up then shut down. Dealer picked it up for warranty service, said the dpf was the cause, said filter was clogged. After only 70 hours of running?!?! branson tech rep shared the new tractors with dpf filters must be run at or above 2k rpm for the filter to burn off the soot. Thinking this is not a good way for long term engine life. Anyone hearing of a dpf delete kit out there anywhere? Have any other owners had similar issues?

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #2  
Are they going to warranty it? On my 5220r it has a small computer to monitor the converter/dpf. Completely stand alone. Looks to me like a fellow could almost bolt a muffler on from a earlier non emission tractor and be good to go.

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue
agerr'd. has to be a fix. running around at 2k is not good for the long haul....

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #4  
Are they going to warranty it? On my 5220r it has a small computer to monitor the converter/dpf. Completely stand alone. Looks to me like a fellow could almost bolt a muffler on from a earlier non emission tractor and be good to go.

Not that easy, this engine is computer controlled. The computer should be monitoring soot loads in the DPF. After X-amount of soot is collected. It should initiate a regen. You would have to find someone to flash the computer to always read that the DPF is not filled up. Not sure who one would find to do this. Branson does not sell 100,000 units a year, so there is no huge demand for deletes on any manufactures tractors.

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #5  
Got my new Branson 3520h tractor in July, after 71 hours of perfect service, tractor stopped running, would crank up then shut down. Dealer picked it up for warranty service, said the dpf was the cause, said filter was clogged. After only 70 hours of running?!?! branson tech rep shared the new tractors with dpf filters must be run at or above 2k rpm for the filter to burn off the soot. Thinking this is not a good way for long term engine life. Anyone hearing of a dpf delete kit out there anywhere? Have any other owners had similar issues?

Does your tractor have a DPF Regen light or a switch to activate a regen. It seems all the manufacturers do regens different. Some manufacturers went with a DOC ( Diesel Oxidation Catalyst) instead of the DPF. The DOC works more like a catalytic converter in your car. Burns the soot as it collects. Instead of collecting it to a certain point and then burn it off.

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #6  
These have DOC. NO computer controls on engine. Mechanical fuel injection.

that is correct, no computer controls, all mech injection

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #8  
These have DOC. NO computer controls on engine. Mechanical fuel injection.

So the DOC got clogged. He must use his tractor like I do. It runs for about 10 minutes most of the time. Not enough to heat up to burn up the soot. I was wondering if this would be a factor with the DOC design.

/ 2015 Branson 3520h DPF Issue #9  
Not that easy, this engine is computer controlled. The computer should be monitoring soot loads in the DPF. After X-amount of soot is collected. It should initiate a regen. You would have to find someone to flash the computer to always read that the DPF is not filled up. Not sure who one would find to do this. Branson does not sell 100,000 units a year, so there is no huge demand for deletes on any manufactures tractors.

Engine is "NOT" computer controlled. Sounds like an unusual pre-mature failure of the DPF. Mechanical fuel injection so the only way the engine will not run is if the DPF is completely plugged. If that's the case in 70 hours I'm sure it's a failure of the dpf itself. That's not normal. These DPF's were designed and proven to last at least 4000 hours and built by Mercedes Benz. Branson claims that you should run your engine above 1500rpms occasionally to help burn out the soot. And of course don't let idle very long. Unfortunatly because of the EPA, we are paying higher prices for equipment and fuel. AS far as I'm concerned they are just a $$$$ Hungry organization that should not have ever been invented.

Engine is "NOT" computer controlled. Sounds like an unusual pre-mature failure of the DPF. Mechanical fuel injection so the only way the engine will not run is if the DPF is completely plugged. If that's the case in 70 hours I'm sure it's a failure of the dpf itself. That's not normal. These DPF's were designed and proven to last at least 4000 hours and built by Mercedes Benz. Branson claims that you should run your engine above 1500rpms occasionally to help burn out the soot. And of course don't let idle very long. Unfortunatly because of the EPA, we are paying higher prices for equipment and fuel. AS far as I'm concerned they are just a $$$$ Hungry organization that should not have ever been invented.

AMEN!!!!!