Branson 4520R New Owner

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #11  
................ and took advantage of the fixed studs in the hub to help get the wheel assembly back on the tractor.

I hear you on that. I don't know who else does that but I know who else didn't do that and as you said it doessssss make a difference. Just another little charm on the Branson bracelet.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #12  
Also had one of my grease zerks (front zerk on front axle) that didn't initially want to take any grease, I tried again after running machine today and it took the grease.

One of the "problems" with new equipment.....grin. I experienced the same thing, having never had a new tractor before and never experienced it on my old ones over the years. If it won't take it on another one or so, look at the position of the zerk and put pressure on the joint from the opposite direction......or get a helper and have them move the joint up and down with the hydraulics while you keep positive pressure on the gun.

Other problems you may experience is shifting resistance into gear especially, sometimes out also, and 4wd maybe needing a little fore or aft motion to get it to move in or out......my 6530 is just now limbering up at 1000 hrs. I had to get in R and give it a little throttle and then let off and as I did put pressure on the lever to get it in.

I bought the gear version of the 2400 due to type of usage and it too is really stiff. Dropping the rpms to idle really helps on both tractors.

Can't comment on emission rpms. If you are running a F-R shuttle shift, it doesn't care, but as you said, the "dry disc clutch" is what breaks the connection and the more you let it slip (due to high rpms) the faster the surface will wear out.

Forgot to mention it before but congrats on you purchase. I know you are proud of it and fortunate to be able to get into farming without having to make do with somebody elses worn out junk. It took me about 30 years before I could afford to buy new.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #13  
Your new tractor looks awesome. Congrats.. Branson recommends running RPM of 2000 or higher, at least for most of the time. As far as shifting between forward and reverse at high RPMs it should be fine. You are clutching it right? The shuttle on these tractors are not synchronized so they are required to be clutched between forward and reverse. Shifting on the main gear selector on the other hand is fully synchronized and once you get good at it it can be performed without having to clutch.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #14  
Congrats on the new tractor. I've got 68 hours on mine and I very happy with it.

Mr. Bitz, I didn't realize that the main gear selector was fully synchronized. I've been clutching the whole time.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #15  
Synchronized helps align the gears so you can shift on the fly.
Never herd of it meaning not requiring the clutch to shift.
My tractor has a synchronized transmission (so I can shift on the go), but I still need to clutch to shift.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #16  
Congratulations on the new tractor. I'm sure you know by now that you made the right decision. I have a 2015 Branson 3520h that I bought a little over a year ago and my wife and I both love it. She thought I was crazy buying a "big" tractor. She thought our Craftsman garden tractor was all we needed. Now, she LOVES the Branson and uses it as much as she uses the garden tractor. Different tools for different jobs.

My Branson has a 6' box blade, the bucket that came with the FEL and a set of pallet forks for the FEL. We also have the Ansung backhoe option that we bought with the tractor. I am purchasing new attachments as needed... one at a time. My next acquisition will be a post-hole auger.

My wife is always switching out the pallet forks for the bucket, and vice versa. You don't know how much you can use a good tractor until you have one.

Here's mine

IMG_6543.jpeg

--
Phillip

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #17  
Gentelmen, can some of you make comments on regen? I'm not keen on running 2000rpm all the time, so if any of you tend to drive them like an older tractor, how is that affecting frequency? Do you have to stop working for regens, or will it regen while you run it if you keep the RPM's up? I'm tossing back and forth between LS and Branson... The XR4145 goes a long time between regens, and you can work through them if you keep the RPM's up. Can't find much info on Branson... (Probably 4520R would be my choice...)

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #18  
No regen on a Branson, uses a DOC. I use mine as a normal tractor, no problems. Every couple of weeks I work mine harder, bushogging and such.

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #19  
Interesting... I found another thread finally, and they suggest that the DOC or DPF will be better off if I get a turbo tractor, since I'm at altitude... So a 4020R instead of a 4520R. The probably both make the same HP at 7500'... :)

/ Branson 4520R New Owner #20  
Yes get the turbo at that high of elevation. Either the 4020r or the 5220r, 4020 3cyl. 5220 4 cyl.