What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1  

Zork

Platinum Member
Tractor
'04 Branson 3520, '51 Fergy, '96 MTD 18/46, '02 Craftsman GT5000/48
I hope that this thread will continue as others perform maintenance or adjustments on their tractor. Century included.

My tractor seemed to be struggling with HP lately. The tractor did not roll on a slight incline as it did in the past. It turns out that the brakes were sticking.

I pulled the rear wheels and the levers to the brake assembly. There was rust between the levers and the brake housing assembly. I pulled the levers, cleaned and lubricated the area, moved back and forth several times, and reassembled. I also adjusted the linkage out because there wasn't much free play. Anyway, it is disengaging correctly and the brakes aren't sticking.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #2  
The more the better.
Tonight I pulled the black grill insert and straightened as much as possible. Darn log...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #3  
I was working on a lawn mower in the shop today and just looked at them as I passed back and forth to the tool box. Was going to kiss and hug on them but thought that was just stupid...........grin.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #4  
I was working on a lawn mower in the shop today and just looked at them as I passed back and forth to the tool box. Was going to kiss and hug on them but thought that was just stupid...........grin.

We would understand...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #5  
Moved a few around the lot today. That's about it. Although recently installed a front mount 76" hydraulic snow blower on a 4520C. Anyone interested in pictures on this? I have some..

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #6  
1) Moved rear wheels to outer adjustment and gained 4" overall width. Owners manual call for 250 ft lbs on outer ring bolts and 280 on inners. The two studs on the inners didn't seem to like the 280 ft lbs (felt like on verge on stripping out) so I will probably go to 250ft lbs on all of them next time.

2) Felt like loader was hitting relief to soon, so as an experiment I adjusted the loader valve setting an 1/8 of a turn clockwise and tested it out. Made a big difference in lift capacity when tested on downed tree. Set back to factory setting until I get a gauge to see where I am really at.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #7  
Not today, but this week put a small lightbar on the ROPS so I can see at night.

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
I greased most of my fittings late yesterday. Since the grease seams harder in others (unloaded) I think I will need to pull some of them and clean or rotate them.

I added this 7.5 foot meyers a few winters ago (?) but I had problems controlling it. It worked flawlessly this winter after changing the mounting system. I removed the upper mount and chain connection and went with a rigid link. I had minimal gravel/slate loss.

Attachments

• IMG_7735ccc.jpg
    IMG_7735ccc.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Moved a few around the lot today. That's about it. Although recently installed a front mount 76" hydraulic snow blower on a 4520C. Anyone interested in pictures on this? I have some..

I am interested in the pictures.