Received my 4720, disappointed

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #11  
Make a YouTube video. That way Google searches will show up to warn future buyers.

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #12  
Is this the tractor you bought. TractorHouse.com | 25 BRANSON 472 For Sale

It looks VERY well worn, especially the front tires and dirty appearance. The bucket has a droop to it, was definitely used and abused from what you describe. You bought it with a backhoe, that isn't pictured there, however.

edit, on second glance of the big pictures, it doesn't look that bad, but definitely looks to have more than 250 hours

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #13  
This thread does not belong in te "Brand Specific" forum. It's not a disappointment with the tractor design or performance at all.

Salesmen are salesmen everywhere you go. I hope the OP has learned something. And that's NOT about tractors! ;-)

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #14  
Sorry for your disappointment and I hope it gets rectified. Nothing worse than a big purchase (or small for that matter) that does not match your reasonable expectations.

I could never buy something used, site unseen, for this very reason.

/ Received my 4720, disappointed
Pardon me but 22k on a used Branson? Really? From halfway across the country? Can we see some pictures? Sorry to sound surprised but I think I need to recalibrate my opinion of this type of machine.
Mostly I just want to see pics. :thumbsup:

That sound high? Ive been on a hunt for used tractors in this size range for a LONG time, cant find anything in Cali. Some old beat to **** Kubotas for 12-17K that are smaller, and no backhoe. I paid 22K for the tractor (which I was told had 250 hours, AKA new almost), an 8620 backhoe, a new canopy, and a brand new 6ft gannon. From all my research that wasn't bad? That included freight too.

Is this the tractor you bought. TractorHouse.com | 25 BRANSON 472 For Sale

It looks VERY well worn, especially the front tires and dirty appearance. The bucket has a droop to it, was definitely used and abused from what you describe. You bought it with a backhoe, that isn't pictured there, however.

edit, on second glance of the big pictures, it doesn't look that bad, but definitely looks to have more than 250 hours

Yes, that's the one. You can very well tell it has more hours in person than 250. Front tires are worn, rears are not the originals, all the knobs on the shifters and what not are wore way down, almost cant read the gear numbers in the transmission. FEL feels sloppy. Guy told me hours were not any good indication of condition, and condition of the tires and knobs and everything were no indication of hours. Stupidest thing I have ever heard. Especially when he told me he just doesn't understand why I think I need to know the hours and RPMs for.

Tore down the console and hoe, and heres what I found. The new valve assembly was all loose, three fittings leaking. Tightened them up, so far looks like the massive leak has stopped. Behind the cluster, the cable was removed from the tachometer, and you can tell its been a LONG time since its been attached. Rust on the cable, threads on the cluster were dirty, has not been touched in while.
Not a single filter was removed nor replaced, so I presume no fluids were not changed either. Oil was black as night, had it been recently changed, it would still look half decent. That was something I requested was addressed, which I now worry more about since we have no indication of actual hours.

Ran it for about an hour. Hoe swings side to side when you roll over bumps. The outriggers couldn't put down enough force to break a beer bottle. They will pull up fast, but they just fall down and apply no force. Rest of the hoe feels good, and strong. Front end loader is sloppy, but feels strong. All the knobs on every lever are wore, the gear selector so much you can almost not read the numbers which are indented, not printed. Front tires are wore significantly, and the rear tires are not originals, indicating its been through at least one set. Its very obvious this tractor has some hours on it, 250 would be **** near brand new. Motor and axles seem fine, no leaks of any kind. I do have a clunking sound when idled up, or at idle when backing up. Cannot figure out where its coming from.

Overall tractor fires right up, and seems strong.

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #20  
Was the whole thing a Sunbelt rental or just the hoe?