Received my 4720, disappointed

/ Received my 4720, disappointed
Sorry to hear about the problems you have had.
My dad bought a brand new Branson tractor, 55hp with a cab. He has had nothing but trouble with it. Including a whole new motor. I know others have had good luck, but my dad is sure regretting his purchase. It currently has 300 hours on it.

That's crazy, what else has been wrong? I usually hear great things about Branson, that's why I chose them.

I sent the owner an email with my previous statements and asked him to give me some sort of warranty. See what he says

Last edited:
   / Received my 4720, disappointed #32  
Sorry about your experience ... You were definitely taken for a ride

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #33  
The low speed clunking sound could be loose lug nuts on the wheels. Won't hurt to check them in any case.

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #34  
Sorry about your experience ... You were definitely taken for a ride

Hmm. More like screwed without being kissed.:)

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #35  
Goodness! What a thread. I would stop everything and talk to a lawyer immediately. I would also start a website, make YouTube videos, post on every blog I could find, write to the parent company, fly to Atlanta to meet with the head of Branson and generally become a huge pain in their *** until I got my money back.

My father would probably kidnap their children but that's a different story! :laughing:

Well, we worked it out finally. I've repaired what wasn't working and leaking. He offered a warranty and fluids and filters. I agreed. Tractor is a workhorse. Only other thing is the swing cylinder pins are wore so bad it's ovaled out the frame where it mounts I don't know if I can even repair that. Anybody?

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #37  
Only other thing is the swing cylinder pins are wore so bad it's ovaled out the frame where it mounts I don't know if I can even repair that. Anybody?

Glad it worked out. Can you post a pic of the pin issue?

I'm working out of town for a bit, so no pics. Where the swing cylinders mount in the frame, it's totally ovaled out the frame which is why when I hit bumps driving the boom swings left and right so much. It's extremely sloppy

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #39  
I'm working out of town for a bit, so no pics. Where the swing cylinders mount in the frame, it's totally ovaled out the frame which is why when I hit bumps driving the boom swings left and right so much. It's extremely sloppy

Weld up the holes and redrill. or weld in a bushing. In any case welding required.

/ Received my 4720, disappointed #40  
That's crazy, what else has been wrong? I usually hear great things about Branson, that's why I chose them.

I sent the owner an email with my previous statements and asked him to give me some sort of warranty. See what he says

Honestly I don't know all the problems he has had. I do know the engine needed to be replaced and both hubs on the front axle were broken at different times. Problem is its broken down more than it's used. Like I said only 300 hours at this point.