no dealer bashing

/ no dealer bashing #1  

smokin aces

Tractor
2016 Branson 4520- BH76 backhoe
i know im not supposed to say anything bad about a bad dealer. so how do you warn people about a dealer who under cuts everyone to get the sale, has no service dept. stocks no parts. any after sale warranty work is tuff luck.? and if you question any of this you are forced to defend yourself.?:thumbdown:

/ no dealer bashing #2  
caveat emptor

Simple Definition of caveat emptor law : the principle that a person who buys something is responsible for making sure that it is in good condition, works properly, etc.

Full Definition of caveat emptor: a principle in commerce: without a warranty the buyer takes the risk

Last edited:
   / no dealer bashing #3  
This is why researching the dealer is just as important as research of the product. No product will go on forever without some form of dealer support and if dealer support is not there - you are stuck.

/ no dealer bashing #4  
i know im not supposed to say anything bad about a bad dealer. so how do you warn people about a dealer who under cuts everyone to get the sale, has no service dept. stocks no parts. any after sale warranty work is tuff luck.? and if you question any of this you are forced to defend yourself.?:thumbdown:

The reason these people continue to operate and will in the future is greed on the buyers part. When you buy on price alone this is what happens. If a dealer quotes you a price with little margin can you really expect those things from him?

You can see with your own eyes he has no service department, spare parts and won't be able to take care of any warranty work and yet you bought from him anyway? How good are you feeling about the price you paid now?

Now if you want real service or warranty work you have to go to a different dealer who you probably shopped but didn't purchase from because they have realistic margins. God help you if you have a serious problem and need immediate attention or warranty work. You will be right at the back of the line and at full retail I'm sure. But you did save money in the beginning.

Consider us all warned not to do what you did.

/ no dealer bashing #5  
I assume you have a strong, well staffed, parts stocking Branson dealer close to you?

The Branson dealer closest to me is primarily a residential lawn mower dealer -- NOT a serious tractor dealer.

im gonna drive 60 miles to Rome GA. were the assembly plant is. there advertising a 3520 set up just like i want for 26k

INFINITE WISDOM fore-warned you to perform due diligence.

Last edited:
   / no dealer bashing
The reason these people continue to operate and will in the future is greed on the buyers part. When you buy on price alone this is what happens. If a dealer quotes you a price with little margin can you really expect those things from him?

You can see with your own eyes he has no service department, spare parts and won't be able to take care of any warranty work and yet you bought from him anyway? How good are you feeling about the price you paid now?

Now if you want real service or warranty work you have to go to a different dealer who you probably shopped but didn't purchase from because they have realistic margins. God help you if you have a serious problem and need immediate attention or warranty work. You will be right at the back of the line and at full retail I'm sure. But you did save money in the beginning.

Consider us all warned not to do what you did.

i did not buy a tractor from that dealer, as soon as i got out of my truck and saw his setup i new not to buy at any price, when i asked were the serve dept. was thats when he got nasty. he picked the wrong person, and ill leave it at that.

/ no dealer bashing #7  
I actually wish there were more dealers......selling cheaper.....without service depts.

There is NOTHING that can go wrong on my tractor that I cannot fix myself. Even now, well out of warranty, if anything goes wrong....It WONT be going to the dealer. I will do the work myself.

For those out there like me, Wouldnt it be nice to purchase for less $$$, since the dealer wouldnt have to maintain the overhead of a service dept, parts dept, etc. Just order the parts online:thumbsup:

/ no dealer bashing
I actually wish there were more dealers......selling cheaper.....without service depts.

There is NOTHING that can go wrong on my tractor that I cannot fix myself. Even now, well out of warranty, if anything goes wrong....It WONT be going to the dealer. I will do the work myself.

For those out there like me, Wouldnt it be nice to purchase for less $$$, since the dealer wouldnt have to maintain the overhead of a service dept, parts dept, etc. Just order the parts online:thumbsup:
i to have never needed the services of a machanic. but a lot of people do. but i will not support a scumbag.

/ no dealer bashing
well i found a dealer a 100 miles away, family owned, huge invetory, clean well kept shop, when i asked about parts and service, he took me on a tour of the parts and service dept. but best of all was the deal. i was after a 3520R with backhoe. he sold me a 4520R with backhoe for 500 dollars more than the scumbag was gonna sell a 3520. called 4 differant places till he got me the interest rate i was happy with. plus no sales tax. as soon as i can borrow my friends rollback ill go get it.

/ no dealer bashing #10  
So, no names can be named. ... but research or else be cursed by the omission. How do these fit together?