3-pt bouncing/bleeding

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #41  
I removed the seat, plate beneath it, and the plate the covers your MFWD and PTO lever, then finally the bracing that holds the seat.

Nice. Sounds easy enough. I'll have to order the seal kit for mine and do some wrenching.

Yes, just grab the arms by hand and bounce it up and down (not violently, you'll see it coming out slow with each up and down motion)
I'm hoping it goes back together just as easy.

Bought them from Daves Tractor

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Its not a hard job by any mean. Crack a beer and an hour later youll be back up and running. Very simple job.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #43  
I will let you know.. and will post pix too.

Thanx

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #44  
Bought them from Daves Tractor

Jason, I wonder if our parts department charged you for a piston and rings instead of just the rings/seals? Feel free to reach out to me via email or PM if there is any issue on parts pricing. Because if we actually charged you $120 for a $27 part, you will be getting a refund. Best not to do this in the open forum though. Often we will sell the piston with the rings loaded onto it. People order them that way, even though the piston usually isn't damaged. I think people figure since they have it opened up, they might as well sway out the unit.
Thanks. Dave

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Jason, I wonder if our parts department charged you for a piston and rings instead of just the rings/seals? Feel free to reach out to me via email or PM if there is any issue on parts pricing. Because if we actually charged you $120 for a $27 part, you will be getting a refund. Best not to do this in the open forum though. Often we will sell the piston with the rings loaded onto it. People order them that way, even though the piston usually isn't damaged. I think people figure since they have it opened up, they might as well sway out the unit.
Thanks. Dave

I bought it probably over a year ago and just opened the box last weekend to do the work. I am just glad its fixed, I am not worried about the money. Although I am curious if that was what was charged haha.

Thanks again Dave, if I was charged wrong, Ive taken enough of your time and you have helped me plenty, I feel like I owe you more.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #46  
I bought it probably over a year ago and just opened the box last weekend to do the work. I am just glad its fixed, I am not worried about the money. Although I am curious if that was what was charged haha.

Thanks again Dave, if I was charged wrong, Ive taken enough of your time and you have helped me plenty, I feel like I owe you more.
A fine man you are ,, and from what I read around here if my tractor ever gives me a issue I sure hope ole dave will help me

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #47  
Thanks. Dave

Dave, can you contact me about getting a kit to repair my 4720i with the same problem? kevinabrown@andersonandbrown.org Thanks and thanks to all on the forum.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #48  
Pulling this old post out since I’m in the middle of addressing my bouncing three point hitch Issue.
Shout out to Dave’s tractor, Jared and Dillon were great help in sourcing repair parts. Parts should be here this week, I decided to pull things apart and see what the conditions were.
For sure had a “Well there’s your problem” situation.
Most difficult part so far was getting the plastic adjustment knob to break loose. I backed off the locking nut but the nut for the knob would not budge, I was at the point of fear of rounding the nut. I decided to try and actually tighten the nut and it moved, after that it easily backed off.
Here‘s the carnage.

Mike

83F747DD-62A6-4D82-B524-80BAAFE3BD40.jpegAA091158-9E0B-41B6-9DDC-F7C370522CE0.jpeg

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #49  
Pulling this old post out since I’m in the middle of addressing my bouncing three point hitch Issue.
Shout out to Dave’s tractor, Jared and Dillon were great help in sourcing repair parts. Parts should be here this week, I decided to pull things apart and see what the conditions were.
For sure had a “Well there’s your problem” situation.
Most difficult part so far was getting the plastic adjustment knob to break loose. I backed off the locking nut but the nut for the knob would not budge, I was at the point of fear of rounding the nut. I decided to try and actually tighten the nut and it moved, after that it easily backed off.
Here‘s the carnage.

Mike

View attachment 715698View attachment 715699
That's a smoking gun for sure. Good for you for doing this yourself. It's not a bad job.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #50  
That's a smoking gun for sure. Good for you for doing this yourself. It's not a bad job.
Thanks Dave!
I received the parts and got them installed, pretty easy job.
solved my issues.

Mike