3-pt bouncing/bleeding

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #1  

sikmusicfreak8

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Branson 4720, 8620 Backhoe
So this seems to be intermittent. Tried messing with the valve, but not working. Sometimes the tractor will hold the implement indefinitely, and be smooth, other times it bounces and will bleed down quickly with the tractor off.

Also, Ive got an 8620 back hoe and it bleeds down constantly. Has a brand new valve assembly in it, maybe the guy who installed it didn't tweak everything right? Hoe will bleed left and right really easily, even when running, and the stabilizers, constantly have the put them back down. And speaking of those, I have to hold the left stick down in order for the stabilizers to have any down force, is that normal?

Thanks

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #2  
Possibly relief valve sticking open or leaking? Do you hear relief opening when under load?

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #3  
   / 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Difficult to service the 3 point?

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #7  
When you lift too heavy of a load in your bucket or pull too hard with the backhoe the relief valve will "hiss" after straining a bit...this is normal behavior. If the relief doesn't "pop" and release pressure and just bleeds down slow, it may indicate a faulty valve. I would put a gage on the hydraulic circuit to see what the pressures do under load and when the tractor is idling to see what they are doing.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Well, did some grading last weekend and 3 point is bouncing very rapidly now and bleeds down very quickly.

So, I guess this needs to be addressed. Anybody know the difficulty of this repair and what parts Ill need?

Thanks in advance!

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding #9  
It's not hard. The piston rings will be damaged/melted. Pop out the piston (comes out of the front of the rockshaft housing under the seat) and install new rings/seals.

Your tractor, like most tractors, has position control on the three-point. It strives to keep the three-point at a certain position relative to your control handle. It senses that it is dropping and corrects that drop, hence the hiccup. 99.9% of the time, it's the piston rings or seals or whatever we should call them.

Your dealer will stock the parts, it is not a rare failure on your vintage of machine. Pretty cheap and pretty fast to fix.

I'm not sure what is going on with your backhoe.

/ 3-pt bouncing/bleeding
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I've been buying my parts through you. Is there a seal kit? If so can you provide part numbers and I'll forward them to Dakota for order?

Thanks