Added dual rear remotes to 4520R

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #1  

sidecarist

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4520R
Today I added the factory rear remotes using the Branson RMK2-20 kit from my Branson dealer. I paid $550.00 for the kit which isn't too bad for remote pricing. Installation wasn't bad either. Only normal hand tools were needed.

They recommend removing the right fender, seat pan, and rear dust cover. I was able to install it just fine with only removing the rear dust cover. Things are a bit tight, but it wasn't horrible, total time was about 1.5 hours. The only thing I would do differently is I would prefer grease the lever assembly before installation as its a bit hard to get to.

I'm pretty happy to get this done for only 550. I've seen some tractors where remotes were mote than double that!

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #2  
That's nice! It's amazing to see a "normal" priced kit.

What will you be using your rear remotes for?

I'll be "home brewing" a rear remote from parts I already have around.
I'm getting rid of the ol' smokin' Briggs 5Hp and converting my log splitter to 3-pt hitch mount & operation.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R
I'm adding a hydraulic top link, and have a flail mower with hydraulic offset as well as a rake with hydraulic angle.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #4  
We have the same tractor model in the same part of the world, sidecarist, which dealer did you use to get your tractor/rear remote kit? I need one myself!

Welcome to TBN, by the way!

We have the same tractor model in the same part of the world, sidecarist, which dealer did you use to get your tractor/rear remote kit? I need one myself!

Welcome to TBN, by the way!

Reed & reed in Chatsworth GA. The deal was just too good to pass up. Ryan there has been good to work with.

We're closer than you realize... I'm in Dayton, just up the road. Thanks for the welcome!

I found an old 2 disc plow and bought it today. It needs a little refurb, but it will do the trick for my needs opening up virgin ground for crops that will keep our honeybees happy. The previous owner pulled it with deere 870 2wd so the Branson should handle it nicely with double the power, weight, and 4wd.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #6  
I wanna see some pics, been debating ordering a kit, might give them a call. Curious where the valve mounts

The 4720 kit is a bit different as it has a hose that is added. This was eliminated on the later 20 series tractors. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

/ Added dual rear remotes to 4520R #8  
Where are them pictures?? :tractor:

Sorry for the delay but I'm away. It will be a week before I'm back to take the pics...

I wanna see some pics, been debating ordering a kit, might give them a call. Curious where the valve mounts

Here are some photos Hopefully they help you...

DSC_0482.JPG
DSC_0483.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG
DSC_0485.JPG

I have to make a small adjustment to one of the levers to get it centered up but other than that it went together quite easily. One tip... Assemble as much of the lever assembly as possible then get it loosely in place before installing the valves. I did this and it sure saved me some trouble installing the controls as there are some small cotter pins involved and it would have been awkward for sure!