Loader Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #1  

hammick

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT357HC
Not a lot of info on converting my 4020 to SSQA. Mine is a 2002 model. I understand they now come standard with SSQA.

I don't want to use an adapter that adds weight and puts the bucket out farther. Are there any options for a straight conversion? If not, does Branson make blank plates that I can weld on to say pallet forks to use with the Branson quick detach system?

Thanks for any advice.

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #2  
Can you provide a picture of what your system looks like now?

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series
Can you provide a picture of what your system looks like now?

I'm picking up the tractor in about 10 days so I don't have a good photo but below is a link to a post and photo from a previous thread many years ago. The Branson QA is similar to Euro but different enough that Euro attachments don't fit (or so I've read).

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/century-branson/356600-bl20-quick-attach-type.html

branson bucket 1.JPG

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series
My dealer can get a set of custom made forks that fit my Branson quick detach for $600. Lightweight at 225lbs. Done deal.

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #5  
I ended up waterjetting new brackets, then welded them to my fork carriage. I almost built an adaptor to skid steer, then opted not to for the same reason. Now I have the blanks and extra 3/4" material to build anything else I need, although between the bucket and my forks, I don't think Ill need anything else.

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #6  
I ended up waterjetting new brackets, then welded them to my fork carriage. I almost built an adaptor to skid steer, then opted not to for the same reason. Now I have the blanks and extra 3/4" material to build anything else I need, although between the bucket and my forks, I don't think Ill need anything else.

Good solution I think, especially if you are fitting up just one more attachment like forks.

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #7  
I had prematurely ordered a set of global/euro forks before my tractor was delivered, not knowing that the Branson quick attach was proprietary. I created a template and had these waterjetted. Came out great. I then cut off the brackets on the fork carriage I had, and welded these on.

IMAG0628.jpgIMAG0654.jpg

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #8  
We generally keep a couple sets of "Branson hooks" for just the same reason. It's a great system actually, but not universal unfortunately.

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #9  
Hi Dave,

Do you still have any of the Branson Hooks that you would sell ?
Looking to build a set of forks.

Thanks

/ Converting to skid steer attach on 20 series #10  
Hi Dave,

Do you still have any of the Branson Hooks that you would sell ?
Looking to build a set of forks.

Thanks

I think everything we currently have on the shelf has been cut off of buckets when we converted same to SKC. So they are not flat on the back, they have a big notch where it wraps around the bottom of the bucket. We use them occasionally for the right application, but you would be better off to make a tracing of the bracket and go down to a metal place and have them cut you out a couple. With the right equipment, it is easy enough to do. We can burn you out a pair on our plasma table, but I doubt we would save you much if any after we have to ship them from the left coast to the right.