Oil & Fuel HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #1  

Bobby1953

Tractor
Branson 2100
Hello, I bought a used Branson Model #2100 a few months ago. All is working fine, but I have one question. On the very top of the engine is a filler cap, for the engine oil. Just below that is another filler cap to the left of the engine, which is for the hydraulic pump, to power the bucket loader. There is no dip stick there, and I can see the gears in the hydraulic pump, but no oil.
Is there supposed to be a dip stick here to check for proper levels? and how much hydraulic oil is the capacity? and what grade?......Thanks for your future help..Bob

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #2  
If pump is powered by the engine that would not be hyd oil. That is just another engine oil fill. Check the lines off the hyd pump and where they go is where the hyd oil goes. The rear end is were the hyd oil goes on most. Go in back of your tractor and start looking it over real good and I bet you might find another cap and maybe a dip stick or sight glass. Don't add oil untell you understand what is what on your tractor. Someone with a Branson well read this and maybe can tell you what is what on it.

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #3  
Is the oil in both areas the same color and smell? Generally hydraulic oil is clearer, not as black. My hydro oil is like a clear amber after a hundred hours of use. My diesel oil goes black almost immediately.

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #4  
On my 4720 the hydraulic oil level check is on the rear of the tractor. The fill port is on the right side just to the left of the lift arm, it is an orange cap. . The level check is just above the pto shaft, tucked under the shield above the pto shaft. It is just a window with a high low mark on it. Not sure if it is the same on your tractor.

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #5  
. Just below that is another filler cap to the left of the engine, which is for the hydraulic pump, to power the bucket loader. There is no dip stick there, and I can see the gears in the hydraulic pump, but no oil.

This sounds like a power steering pump.

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS
LincTex Ok if it is the power steering pump, how do you check for proper hyd. levels. This pump also has hydraulic lines to the control lever, to make the front loader to go up, down, and tipping forward, and backwards. Thanks to everybody for your past, and future suggestions............Bob

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #7  
Bobby, can you post pictures?

The hydraulic pump should never have gears visible.
It draws oil from the sump of the rear of the tractor. I don't see how it's possible to "see gears".
Are you looking inside the engine oil fill plug near the fuel injection pump of the engine?
My engine (1.7 liter) has two oil fill plugs, yours may be the same.

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #8  
I found a picture of a Kukje 2100 engine online and "doctored it up"

Does this help?

kukje.2100.jpg

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS
I found a picture of a Kukje 2100 engine online and "doctored it up"

Does this help?

View attachment 479269

Thanks for the picture you forwarded. The illustration sure looks like the one I have. Why would they have 2 engine oil fill plug caps. Is there 2 dip sticks? I only found one. Thanks for your past and future help... Bob .....I have a service manual for this and the illustrations don"t show this, Do I need a owners manual...

/ HOW TO CHECK HYDRAULIC LEVELS #10  
Thanks for the picture you forwarded.
Why would they have 2 engine oil fill plug caps. Is there 2 dip sticks? ...

You're welcome.

I guess its a "Cummins thing"?
I have two oil fills on the Cummins in my truck, also - - one on top of the valve cover, the other down in front of the gear that drives the injection pump.
I always just use the "top one" on everything - it's easier to hold the funnel.
I suppose the one on the side is so you can add oil without popping the hood open?

Just one dipstick - - don't overthink this, LOL!
I check my engine oil once every 25 hours - it doesn't use a drop.