Oil filter for 4720ch

/ Oil filter for 4720ch
DavesTractor;4600522 We are thinking of doing an Amazon store next year with filter sets or individual filters. One click and filters are on the way. Not sure how all of that works said:
I agree that would be a great idea. You're right, I could call my dealer and order filters via mail, but he is only open in daytime hours. I never seem to remember or to find time to do that kind of stuff during the day. On the internet I can shop at night when I have time but the retail stores are closed. I buy my filters plus most of my parts for my motorcycles on the internet for that same reason, and my motorcycle dealers are not nearby either.

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #22  
I agree... I'm very curious to know which specification changed enough to warrant a revised part/part number. Manufacturers just don't do that without a reason.

Having said that, If a little extra capacity is all that's needed, there's the Wix 51347/Napa 1347 Oil Filter if that's what the criteria is:
Wix 51347 & Napa 1347 Oil Filter: FleetFilter Secure Store - Wix, Fram, Baldwin, Luberfiner

View attachment 487354

Good stuff.

A couple of interesting points:

1) The Wix 51347 is comparable to the Wix 51626 I found for my tractor. Besides obviously having the same thread size, the 51347 is about an inch taller but also about 3/4" smaller in diameter with a total volume of 32.35 cubic inches. The 51626 has a total volume of 40.17 cubic inches. They are both full flow filters with anti-drain back valves, have the same paper 21 micron media, and the same by-pass valve setting of 8-11 PSI. Where they differ the most is that the 51347 has a burst pressure of 325 PSI while the 51626 has a burst pressure of 370 PSI.

2) It's interesting to see what vehicles these spec for:

51347: Ford Courier (72-82), Hyster, Komatsu, Merc. Bobcat (75-79), Pinto (75-79), Thermo-King, Yanmar Excavators

51626: Dodge Monaco (91), Eagle (88-92), Jeep (87-93)

Both a Ford Pinto and a Yanmar Excavator? Whoda thunk?

Wix 51626 & Napa 1626 Oil Filter: FleetFilter Secure Store - Wix, Fram, Baldwin, Luberfiner

/ Oil filter for 4720ch
Good stuff.

A couple of interesting points:

1) The Wix 51347 is comparable to the Wix 51626 I found for my tractor. Besides obviously having the same thread size, the 51347 is about an inch taller but also about 3/4" smaller in diameter with a total volume of 32.35 cubic inches. The 51626 has a total volume of 40.17 cubic inches. They are both full flow filters with anti-drain back valves, have the same paper 21 micron media, and the same by-pass valve setting of 8-11 PSI. Where they differ the most is that the 51347 has a burst pressure of 325 PSI while the 51626 has a burst pressure of 370 PSI.

2) It's interesting to see what vehicles these spec for:

51347: Ford Courier (72-82), Hyster, Komatsu, Merc. Bobcat (75-79), Pinto (75-79), Thermo-King, Yanmar Excavators

51626: Dodge Monaco (91), Eagle (88-92), Jeep (87-93)

Both a Ford Pinto and a Yanmar Excavator? Whoda thunk?

Wix 51626 & Napa 1626 Oil Filter: FleetFilter Secure Store - Wix, Fram, Baldwin, Luberfiner

Wow, we have a filter engineer among us! If we had those specs for the Branson filter, we could do our own reverse engineering to see if the 51626 would pass Branson specs.

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #24  
Wow, we have a filter engineer among us! If we had those specs for the Branson filter, we could do our own reverse engineering to see if the 51626 would pass Branson specs.
Nah, I just followed LincTex's link and compared the product details.

I am kind of amazed that the same filter would apply to both a Ford Pinto and anything made by Komatsu or Yanmar.

Quite honestly it leads you to believe that filters are not that different from each other... car vs tractor, gas vs diesel.

As I said before, once I change the Wix 51626 I'm gonna cut it and the Branson OEM filters open and compare them.

Photos coming in about another 32 hours of use.

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #25  
Quite honestly it leads you to believe that filters are not that different from each other... car vs tractor, gas vs diesel.

They all have to filter hot engine oil :-D

My sister had a '83 Chevy Chevette, with a 1.8 liter Isuzu diesel. It had a fram oil filter "come apart"... didn't seem to hurt the engine as far as I could tell. But I never bought another Fram again. I always wondered if the engine vibes shook the filter apart. That engine was HORRIBLY unbalanced.

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #26  
They all have to filter hot engine oil :-D

My sister had a '83 Chevy Chevette, with a 1.8 liter Isuzu diesel. It had a fram oil filter "come apart"... didn't seem to hurt the engine as far as I could tell. But I never bought another Fram again. I always wondered if the engine vibes shook the filter apart. That engine was HORRIBLY unbalanced.

Fram was the manufacturer that used to have the catch phrase in their commercials "You can pay me now or pay me later." Good ad but not so good filter.

My buddy bought a Chevette in about 1980 and used to go to bars and tell girls he drove a Vette.

:)

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #27  
Aftermarket Oil Filter for "tier 4" 4720Ch

My tractor is coming up for its first oil change. The dealer told me that you still have to get the oil filter through Branson 'cause there aren't aftermarkets filters available yet for the 4720. Seems odd 'cause the tractor has been out for a while. I wouldn't mind buying the filter through him except for the fact he is 70 miles away. Is there an aftermarket filter available?

Wix now lists a replacement for the EA00001160B Kukje filter: Wix Filters - Product Catalog search results

Part Number: WL7237
UPC Number: 765809287280
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Cellulose
Height: 3.464 (88)*
Outer Diameter Top: 3.8 (97)*
Outer Diameter Bottom: 3.38 (86)*
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 15
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM

Cross referencing THAT number got me to the brand I wanted:

K&N Part Number: HP-2007
Product StyleOil Filters
Weight 1 lb (0.5 kg)
Product Box Height 4.38 in (111 mm)
Product Box Length 3.81 in (97 mm)
Product Box Width 3.81 in (97 mm)
Anti Drain Back Valve Yes
Bypass Valve Yes
Filter Material High Flow Premium Media
Gasket Material Nitrile Rubber
Height 4.094 in (104 mm)
Outside Diameter 3.656 in (93 mm)
PSI Relief Valve 8-11
Removal Nut Yes
Removal Nut Size 1 inch
Style Canister
Thread Specification M20 x 1.5

It would be great if Branson would begin to support it's owners with parts information.

I still don't know which factory hydraulic filter (or filters) I need for mine!

Last edited:
   / Oil filter for 4720ch #28  
My tractor came with an STP 2903 oil filter, and I've just been buying anything that crosses to that number.

I don't think the oiling system on these tractors puts out that many GPM.
I've found the factory Hyundai/Kia oil filters are VERY VERY well made, so will probably run them.

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #29  
Everything I know about oil filters is applied to this: Branson is wrong.

These little tiny oil pumps don't need a huge oil filter.

Hoewever.... if you need a bigger one...

These filters are ALL pretty big, and have M20 x 1.5 threads:

Baldwin B202

Fram PH3985

Baldwin B141

Mobil 1 M1-207

/ Oil filter for 4720ch #30  
IMG_6076.JPG

As promised (a fairly long time ago) here is a photo of the stock oil filter for my Branson 3520H on the left and a replacement filter (Wix 51626) on the right. I installed the replacement in a pinch until I got the stock replacement filter.

Besides the replacement filter being larger I didn't see any appreciable difference in their construction.