Hello Everyone.

/ Hello Everyone. #1  

Branson Bob

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Branson 3520H
I just posted in the New Member Introduction forum and thought I'd repost here as I'll be spending 99% of my time in this forum.

I'm going by Branson Bob due to the April 2016 purchase of a Branson 3520H from Dave's Tractors in Red Bluff, CA. We bought the tractor with the FEL, backhoe, finish mower, pallet forks, Rim Guard ballast and Service Manual. It's a hydrostatic due to my desire to see Wifey get proficient on the machine... that's a work in progress.

As a lot of you know, Dave from Dave's Tractors is a regular poster here.

We bought the tractor after Wifey and I fulfilled our dream of owning land when we purchased 10 acres on a hillside in the Sierra foothills last July.

As the natives here (and in many other places) proclaim, "this land grows rocks." Besides needing to wage war on partially submerged boulders in our meadow, the land has many Blue Oaks, manzanita, and Bull Pine in the wooded area sloping down towards the creek. We collect rainwater (15,000 gallons last winter) and want to turn our land into a bit of a garden spot. So we've removed trees in anticipation of planting grape vines, fruit trees, garden plots, etc. Besides the boulders, there's lots of stumps to dig up and pull out (these drought-resistant trees have crazy-*** root systems!) In addition we'll be skidding logs, mowing grass, clearing trails, and building fencing.

This is our first tractor although I've operated a bucket truck and stump grinder in my former life as an arborist (10 years) and a Gradall in my current job as a construction electrician (15 years).

Anyways I'm looking forward to getting to know and swapping info with all the regulars here, particularly in the Branson/Century forums.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Branson Bob

/ Hello Everyone. #2  
Welcome!

Your place sounds a bit like my place in Rural Texas.

I have a 2005 3510i and it has been a great tractor, I've put about 40 hours on it since buying it from a dealer in Granbury, Texas in July. It's been an amazing machine and I've been very happy with it.

/ Hello Everyone.
Thanks for the greetings LincTex.

I always thought of Texas as being flat and dry but then I saw a movie called "The Tree of Life" and I guess it was filmed in and around Waco. The area looked gorgeous... rivers, lush, green, hilly. I was really impressed. I'm also told the area around Austin is very nice too.

I see you have an '05 Branson along with a LOT of other iron. I was looking for a used machine but just couldn't find what I was looking for. Paid more than I wanted to but happy with the machine.

Thanks again.

/ Hello Everyone. #4  
:welcome:
From Texas

/ Hello Everyone. #6  
:welcome: to TBN Bob from New Hampshire.

/ Hello Everyone. #8  
Hi Branson Bob , I too just just joined this forum . I Have a Branson 6530c with loader , and I too just bought a brand new Branson 3520h with loader and bh86 backhoe . Both were purchased from Terpstra Equipment in Rossmore , Ontario Canada.
I use both tractors on my 75 acre farm , and the 3520h is also used in my construction business .

Very happy with both units

/ Hello Everyone.
Hi Branson Bob , I too just just joined this forum . I Have a Branson 6530c with loader , and I too just bought a brand new Branson 3520h with loader and bh86 backhoe . Both were purchased from Terpstra Equipment in Rossmore , Ontario Canada.
I use both tractors on my 75 acre farm , and the 3520h is also used in my construction business .

Very happy with both units

Thanks for the welcome!

Glad to know a member from Canada.

Our family lived in Montreal for 5 years and I actually have dual citizenship. We then moved to Buffalo, NY (right across the mighty Niagara from Fort Erie) and lived there for 35 years.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

/ Hello Everyone. #10  
Welcome Branson Bob from James in Branson Mo. When I saw this thread, I thought, I wonder if I have a new neighbor!..