New Branson 25 series

/ New Branson 25 series #1  

PapeCAT

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford / NH 545D John Deere 316 John Deere 330
Anyone have any opinons or info on the new branson 25 series for the USA market? I just saw them added to the branson website. On paper, they look very similar to the 20 series albeit a bit wider, and all have a new smaller bore 4 cyl (no 3 cyl in the line) with no turbo'd options and up to 42 hp.

On the pics the Cab looks to be a new design from the looks of the roof.

I'm curious if this new engine is still mechanically injected and what the tier 4 strategy is in general.

/ New Branson 25 series #2  
I'm interested in the new engine/tier 4 strategy as well. Looking at the site the 3725R uses an A2000N3 where the older 4520R uses an A2000N2, but the 4225R uses the A2000N2...so what's the difference between the N2 and N3 engine?
I'm glad to see they're still producing new products, I was a bit concerned after the TYM purchase...kinda waiting to see how that all shakes out with models/engines between Branson and TYM

/ New Branson 25 series #3  
I went to a Branson dealer (Dave's in Red Bluff) that has some 3725s yesterday. Besides the engines, the differences I can remember:
The front axle is wider by about 2" per side. The rear track appears to be the same but the 3725 comes with larger tires than the 3520 which would make it wider.
There's a huge Bosch fuel filter/water separator.
The controls for the PTO and cruise are moved from below the steering wheel to the base of the loader joystick. They're more readily accessible there.
There's two crank operated 3pt lift rod adjusters, one per side, instead of the usual right side only.
Dave said that the DPF has more catalyst.
Also the 25s have a slightly longer wheelbase according to the spec sheets.
Fit and finish looks the same.

They're mechanically injected with a DPF.

Having a 37 and 42 makes more sense than 35 and 47 (in HST). That's a big gap.

/ New Branson 25 series #4  
I went to a Branson dealer (Dave's in Red Bluff) that has some 3725s yesterday. Besides the engines, the differences I can remember:
The front axle is wider by about 2" per side. The rear track appears to be the same but the 3725 comes with larger tires than the 3520 which would make it wider.
There's a huge Bosch fuel filter/water separator.
The controls for the PTO and cruise are moved from below the steering wheel to the base of the loader joystick. They're more readily accessible there.
There's two crank operated 3pt lift rod adjusters, one per side, instead of the usual right side only.
Dave said that the DPF has more catalyst.
Also the 25s have a slightly longer wheelbase according to the spec sheets.
Fit and finish looks the same.

They're mechanically injected with a DPF.

Having a 37 and 42 makes more sense than 35 and 47 (in HST). That's a big gap.

I got tired of the pto and cruise button being below the steering wheel. I moved it over to the right side where the knockout in the plastic by the rear hydro controls are. Got tired of bending down and pushing the button when I was bush hogging a 22 acre field I have. Have several draining ditches I have to drive thru and got tired of leaning over and picking up the three point to keep the hog from scalping the ground so I took the three point control lever off and extended it so it comes to the top of the seat. Just little things could have been done to make it more comfortable to operate these tractors. Glad to see they are making the changes.

/ New Branson 25 series #5  
25 series have a much heavier frame from the older 20 series, cab is redesigned much more head room and now grey in color instead of black. All 25 series have 4 cylinder diesels even the 37hp. Very smooth running engines, very quiet in the cab. I think Branson has a home run on the 25 series and if I had to guess I think we'll be seeing higher hp units in the future based on this chassis maybe up into the 60hp range. Just my 2 cents. As far as tires it's totally dependent on what the dealer orders for that tractor. Almost any size goes.

/ New Branson 25 series
Very good info. I would definitely be interested in the 6225CH if available one day in the USA. with minimum R4 tire sizes of 12 - 16.5, 17.5L - 24

Good news on the engine, frame and cab upgrades.

/ New Branson 25 series #7  
I took the three point control lever off and extended it so it comes to the top of the seat.

During my test drives I noticed that it's a bit of a reach to get to the 3pt lever. It's no different on the 25s. When I'm brush hogging I often keep a hand on the 3pt lever so I can lift the mower quickly if I hit a rock. I'd be interested to see your extension.

/ New Branson 25 series #8  
During my test drives I noticed that it's a bit of a reach to get to the 3pt lever. It's no different on the 25s. When I'm brush hogging I often keep a hand on the 3pt lever so I can lift the mower quickly if I hit a rock. I'd be interested to see your extension.

I'll go out tomorrow and snap a few pictures of the changes I did and try and figure out how to post them.

/ New Branson 25 series #9  

Don't know if you can make it out very good took photo with a iPad.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

/ New Branson 25 series #10  
The 3pt and switch mods look iike they could have come from the factory. Is it quieter with the external muffler and no DPF?