C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #1  

BillG_in_TX

Veteran Member
Tractor
none any longer
I am considering an upgrade from my current tractor, and the Century has my attention, specifically the 2535. The big dealer in the area puts the C-50 loader on this tractor, which is a good thing, I think. However, in comparing the specs, it seems to come up short against most of the competition in two areas - Maximum Dump Angle and Bucket Rollback Angle. Here are the specs as I have gleaned them from the various brochures and websites:

Brand & Model - Max Dump / Max Rollback

Kubota LA-513 - 40 / 30
Kubota LA-723 - 45 / 40
Kioti KL-1450 - 65 / 33
Century C-40 - 60 / 34
Century C-50 - 40 / 20

I don't have a FEL, and have never used one, so while I know what they represent, I don't know how relevant these specs are in everyday usage. Can anyone comment on the importance of these features, and if there are limitations I should anticipate with the C-50?

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #2  
Bill,
I doubt that you would notice much difference during use with regard to the dump and rollback angles on a CUT. I have a Quicke loader on my 93hp Zetor that has exceptional dump and rollback---on this size tractor it is nice when digging in new ground--but you have to be careful with the rollback---or the material in the bucket could end up in your lap.
The advantages of the C50 loader far out-weigh any minor differences in rollback angles, IMHO.

dancce

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #3  
I have to agree with dancce.

My C-50 hl rolls back plenty far, any further and it would be rolling it back on the tractor and I never have a problem dumping stuff.

The numbers that impressed me when I was shopping for tractors is the lift capacity and the breakout force of this loader. For the money nothing was close to the C-50 hl with 2,540 lb lift capacity and 3,450 lb breakout force. That is some serious weight and I have some extremely large boulders that I have dug out to stand behind these numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle
Dan & Duane,

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, I have no frame of reference to work from on this issue, just noticed that the C-50's specs were "less" (or not, if too much rollback is bad /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

Since my last post, it occurred to me that the standard quick-attach bucket mechanism might also have something to do with this. I think the other loaders I listed do not have this as a standard feature, and that might be the reason for the difference. Any possibility of that?

Anyway, you two have reassured me enough that I will take this "issue" off of my list of things to worry about. Unless of course someone tells me otherwise - then I'll have to put it back on. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #5  
I've had both types of loaders. About the only differences I've noticed is that the ones with less rollback do not have 4-bar bucket linkage normally,and can not usually hold as much material in the bucket(but like dancce mentioned look out for what's in the bucket coming over the edge). Also if you have someting attached to a chain wrapped around the bucket,you'll get a bit more lift height with more rollback. You can have QT on both types of loaders.

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #6  
I agree with the others. I have an industrial tractor/loader/backhoe with high rollback & self levelling. See pix of my Zetor carrying rocks. If you're loading 12 yard dump trucks all day you might notice it. Otherwise just focus on the work at hand.

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #7  
Thanks for asking this great question. It was one I had but have not came across the answer yet.... well until now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle
OK - all you guys are saying don't worry about it, but you also say that the bucket won't hold as much material (use a bigger bucket?), and I won't get as much lift height using chains on bucket hooks (get the HL version - which isn't available on the 2535?). I would also imagine that dumping the load will not be as quick - depending on the material.

So it appears that there is no real benefit to having limitations on the dump and rollback angles, but there are some drawbacks. Also, I shouldn't worry about it, unless I'm going to be doing prolonged FEL work. What's more important for my likely applications is the breakout and lift capabilities, right?

By the way - what is "4-bar bucket linkage"?

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #9  
Mechanical self leveling, aka paralell linkage /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ C-50 Specs - Dump Angle and Rollback Angle #10  
Sorry about pix, file size says 99K but it keeps getting kicked back. Anyway pix is rocks on both ends of tractor 5,000+ on 3pt & 2500 on the front. Breakout is different than lifting force as you can roll (a rock) into the bucket but not lift it. You can drag contents it & roll it out elsewhere. A backhoe is great for ripping & loosening as well as digging. Scooping loose soil with loader is MUCH easier on tractor & operator.

So you are right to look at entire package, manufacturers are different & it results in machine "personalities". I test drove skid steers a couple weeks back - Gehl hand controls & a Bobcat foot controls almost flipped the Gehl. A good operator learns to adapt but it takes more than 5 minutes.