I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking?

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking? #1  

Bama67

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520H
Been doing alot of research for a tractor that will fit my needs.
I want something smaller, but with a capable loader.
But I also live at 8,500 ft now. This made me decide I want a turbo tractor or else be hit with a 30% power penalty due to thin air (been there in trucks and swapped a 5.0 for an Ecoboost and it was a great decision)

This lead me to a few models but from what I gathered the Branson is a mechanical injection system and if the DPF system ever gets troublesome it can be jettisoned with no ill effects.
I don't have a dealer right close by here in Westcliffe CO, but am mechanical minded and can handle all but the biggest issue.

My biggest hangup is Bransons future, it's already bad enough that I've never even seen a Branson tractor in person, but now since they have been bought out by TYM I worry they could be meshed with that tractor line or discontinued altogether.
I don't want to wind up like I was way back when I had a grey market tractor and not be able to find parts.
Or have a 4 year warranty from a company that is no longer in business.

What do you think? Get the LS XG3140 from the nearby dealer? Or risk it for the Branson?

Also, any recommended dealers anywhere near Central Colorado? I don't mind driving.

Thanks!

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking?
Shortly after posting this I spoke with Dave Siemens at Dave's Tractor in California. Dave reassured me in Bransons future, and it general has been very helpful and is super knowledgeable on these units.
I would for sure buy from Dave if I wasn't 20 hours away.

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking? #3  
Maybe he'll meet you half way??? I moved from being close to a dealer in Oregon to not having a true tractor dealer for Branson near me in Arizona. I met a nice guy that has a Mahindra dealership not far away that will do for me what I can't do. These are not drive by wire machines which males it easier for any good shop to work on them.

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking? #4  
If more guys like you buy the badge it would be self fulfilling.

I have a question for you. Back in 2007 one of the reasons I bought my 6530 was the Cummins licensed engine (B 3.3 NA) built by Komatsu of Japan under Cummins license. Komatsu and Catepillar are the two mfgrs. you see most on heavy construction sites around here just for an idea as to where they are in the overall scheme of things. Cummins has sold over a million engines world wide some time ago. Since then Cummins has apparently licensed Kukje to build their engines under license, for Branson tractors and who knows for what else as Branson builds a lot of tractors for others.....just google Kukje and shop their models....lots of pretty colors come off their assy lines. I have a Kukje-Cummins A 1100 N in my 2400 which I bought when I wanted a small tractor for chores around the place and it too was Cummins powered and I was happy with my big one.

If a company the size of Cummins put their "eggs" in Kukje's basket do you think they would be doing it if there was any question about the company surviving?

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking?
Well I'm very much sure Kukje could still build Cummins licensed commercial engines while not building any compact tractors.

Lots of Cummins engines out there in everything from generators, RVs, water pumps, to sail boats.

/ I want a Branson 4015. How is Bransons future looking? #6  
Well I'm very much sure Kukje could still build Cummins licensed commercial engines while not building any compact tractors.

Lots of Cummins engines out there in everything from generators, RVs, water pumps, to sail boats.

I see it as getting "in bed" with a winner.....it's what successful businesses do in a free market.