Overall length and height needed for shed design

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #11  
Nothing is going to be cheaper or provide better security then a shipping container. You will have to fold down your ROPS to get it in there, but that's not too hard to do. Anything you build is going to cost more and take up a lot more time. Since it's a remote property, do you really want to commit to putting up a building at this time or would it be better long term to have something you can drag to another location?

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #12  
Nothing is going to be cheaper or provide better security then a shipping container. You will have to fold down your ROPS to get it in there, but that's not too hard to do. Anything you build is going to cost more and take up a lot more time. Since it's a remote property, do you really want to commit to putting up a building at this time or would it be better long term to have something you can drag to another location?

:thumbsup: What he said. I'd be more worried about security than I would rain.

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #13  

Double what he wrote.

You don't say WHERE you are putting it but if it's near the location you give it is an ideal place to get a 40' high cube one trip container, and an ideal time because they are flooding the market.
/edit -
I meant if you were near Suffolk, VA.
Just look up shipping container on Craigs List.
From one ad:
Used
$ 1,350 - 20 ft. used Standard (20' length x 8' 6" high x 8' wide) containers
$ 1,400 - 40 ft.. used Standard (40' length x 8' 6" high x 8' wide) containers
$ 1,550 - 40 ft. used High Cube (40' length x 9' 6" high x 8' wide) containers

That's better than I can get out of Memphis last time I looked.

Last edited:
   / Overall length and height needed for shed design #14  
I vote shipping container. If/when you decide to build a permanent structure you can sell or re-use the container for something else. Very secure for when you're not on site. I wouldn't leave a tractor under a tarp even at an occupied site.

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #15  
lots of carport style sheds out there. from cheap flimzy plastic piping with plastic cover on it. to more lumber to metal. more and more tempted for a half circle shed myself. maybe couple feet of straight walls sticking up out of the ground before the half circle metal is toss on top of the walls.

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #16  
Whats the inside height in shipping container, they all same size?

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #17  
Whats the inside height in shipping container, they all same size?

Nope, you've got two primary heights. High cubes are 9' 6".
Container Height
A standard container is typically 8ft 6inches (2.59m) high.
High Cube Containers are typically 9ft 6inches (2.90m) high.
The most common height of a container is 8ft 6ins (2.59m), though 9ft 6ins (2.90m) high containers are becoming increasingly common. In the past 8ft high (2.44m) was very common and there are some containers 9ft (2.74m) available but these are rare.
from Shipping Container Dimensions - Standard Container Dimension Info

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design #18  
We chose a container for the JD 855,,,,

Container2_zps3yoxaw9l.jpg

Container3_zps0dr67tjl.jpg

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design

I am liking that idea a lot... I will have to look into that. I am okay with folding down the ROPS when I store it away.

/ Overall length and height needed for shed design

I am liking that idea a lot... I will have to look into that. I am okay with folding down the ROPS when I store it away.