Century model number and when did they change?

/ Century model number and when did they change? #1  

carluman

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor by Century C47L
I'm going to look at a Century 3040 this weekend. I know the models changed with the new motors. The new Century model is 3042 right? And newer yet would be the Zetor by Century C42L? So when did the names change? Seems that the 3040 must have been on his lot for awhile. I'm thinking maybe I can get a little better deal if the tractor has been sitting for a while. Let me know if I'm way off on this. I'm still thinking that I'd rather have the 3045 but they don't have one there (closest dealer ~60 miles).

I haven't ruled out going to OK or TX to get a better deal on a Century yet but 10 and 17 hours one way is a long drive and can't say that having to make the trip again for warranty if it was needed would be any fun either. But with a price that is $2k-3k difference it's hard to ignore.

Thanks much
Carl

/ Century model number and when did they change? #2  
carluman
3042 is not a valid number. C42L is the replacement model. As for the tractor sitting for while that may or may not be true. We were shipping 3040's until just recently. the C42L will be more $$ then the 3040 given all things equal. Both tractors are great units. If you want it don't wait there are no more and what is left is disappearing quickly. Same with 3045's The C47L replaces it and there are nor more 3045's except on dealers lots and they to are going fast. Be careful when comparing price that tractors are the same. Their could be up to 3 different loaders for the tractors. C-40, C50 & C50HL. Good luck and
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Century model number and when did they change? #3  
Carl,

How far are you from Pecatonica, Il.? That's just southwest of Rockford. There's a Century dealer located there. It might be worth contacting them to see if they could help you out. Might be better than your 10 and 17 hour drive. Here's the link to the web site, which isn't very good. But it could at least give contact information. N.I.T.E. Equipment

I've only visited there once, and they didn't have any Centuries sitting around. They did have some Zetors out on the lot. This was before Century changed, and it was on a Sunday, so I can't give you any idea of how these folks are to deal with. Sorry!

/ Century model number and when did they change?
chipperman,
What is the 3647? Would that be the same as the 3045? I seen someone here on the board has Century 3647.

Golfgar4,
I might give them a call. Did they have much equipment other than Zetor? When I looked at their website before it almost looked like a "used car lot" type of operation (they had a little of everything). Only reason I'd drive the 10 or 17 hours would be if the price was a lot lower.

/ Century model number and when did they change? #5  
Carl,

They really didn't have any other tractors sitting around. Here's a picture of one of the Zetors that they have sitting out by the highway. I was there last July.

Attachments

• 426612-Zetor.bmp
    63.6 KB · Views: 381
   / Century model number and when did they change? #6  
What N.I.T.E does have is lots and lots of trailers. Sorry for the size of this picture, but this picture was taken looking toward their main building from in front of the Zetor in the last attachment. There are actually more trailers around the corner to the right up by the building.

Attachments

• 426615-Trailers.bmp
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
   / Century model number and when did they change? #7  
There was 1 Century sitting outside of the maintenance building that was obviously being prepped for delivery. But it was the only Century. Here's a pic of it.

You're right. Most of the area is like a big used ag equipment lot.

Attachments

• 426616-Century.bmp
    63.6 KB · Views: 302
   / Century model number and when did they change? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Most of the area is like a big used ag equipment lot. )</font>

Although they did have a few pieces of what you might consider as unusual at an farm equipment location. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 426624-airboat.bmp
    63.6 KB · Views: 387
   / Century model number and when did they change? #9  
Golfgar4
That is and old (never retailed?) 2035 or 2045.
Chipperman

/ Century model number and when did they change? #10  
carluman
The 3647 is the same as the C47L. They shipped a few of them before they changed the name to Zetor C47L
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif