Buying Advice 3520R Reliability/Problems

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #11  
You mention a few things worth repeating.

These compact utility tractors are not bulldozers and trying to use them as one is a common mistake made by newer tractor owners.

That said whether you are measuring by price or by horsepower, the Branson is the heaviest tractor by a wide margin that you can buy.

The John Deere 3038E (36 horsepower) weighs 2175 lbs. The entire tractor is made by Yanmar.

The Kubota B3350SU (33 horsepower) weighs 1874 lbs.

My 3520H (35 horsepower) weighs 4053 lbs.

That's a pretty huge difference when you're trying to get work done. The adage is to buy the most tractor your money can buy and they're talking about weight (tractor=traction and ballast) not horsepower.

The work I do on my property simply couldn't be done with the smaller and more expensive green and orange machines.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #12  

These compact utility tractors are not bulldozers and trying to use them as one is a common mistake made by newer tractor owners.

That said whether you are measuring by price or by horsepower, the Branson is the heaviest tractor by a wide margin that you can buy.

The John Deere 3038E (36 horsepower) weighs 2175 lbs. The entire tractor is made by Yanmar.

The Kubota B3350SU (33 horsepower) weighs 1874 lbs.

My 3520H (35 horsepower) weighs 4053 lbs.

That's a pretty huge difference when you're trying to get work done. The adage is to buy the most tractor your money can buy and they're talking about weight (tractor=traction and ballast) not horsepower.

The work I do on my property simply couldn't be done with the smaller and more expensive green and orange machines.
Not a fair comparison at all. You can not compare a b series Kobota.
Try compairing a kubota grand L 32hp. My L3240 cab (32hp) weights about 4100lbs and (rop model) is about 3500lbs i think. Its like comparing a ford f150 to a f250 saying they both have the same engine. Just saying you have to compare apples with apples.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #13  
Not a fair comparison at all. You can not compare a b series Kobota.
Try compairing a kubota grand L 32hp. My L3240 cab (32hp) weights about 4100lbs and (rop model) is about 3500lbs i think. Its like comparing a ford f150 to a f250 saying they both have the same engine. Just saying you have to compare apples with apples.

So I have to compare it with a Kubota that's even more expensive than the first one I compared it to? Both are considerably more expensive than the same equipped Branson, btw.

edit: The model in the larger L series (3901) which is closest to my 35 HP Branson (37.5 HP) similarly equipped (minus my Rim Guard and Finish Mower) is over $10K more than my tractor.

Also according to TractorData, the Kubota L3901 weight 2590-2778 pounds, still way less than the 4053 pounds of the Branson.

TractorData.com Kubota L391 tractor information

To get to a Kubota the heft of the 35 HP Branson 3520H, you would need to get the Kubota L6060 which is 62 HP and costs more than twice as much as the Branson.

TractorData.com Kubota L6:cool: tractor information

Last edited:
   / 3520R Reliability/Problems #14  
Fyi. When I receive a load of Branson Tractors and I look at the bill of lading the weights of the tractors are listed as heavier than any specifications out on the internet or tractor data. I had a JD 3032E I took on trade and I'm thinking my 2400 Branson which is 24 Hp could have lifted that JD off the ground it looked so light and cheap. But hey it's green so it sold within a week. I'm just saying that other manufacturers are actually weighing their tractors with full fluids and an average operator of 185 lbs on them.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #15  
So I have to compare it with a Kubota that's even more expensive than the first one I compared it to? Both are considerably more expensive than the same equipped Branson, btw.

edit: The model in the larger L series (3901) which is closest to my 35 HP Branson (37.5 HP) similarly equipped (minus my Rim Guard and Finish Mower) is over $10K more than my tractor.

Also according to TractorData, the Kubota L3901 weight 2590-2778 pounds, still way less than the 4053 pounds of the Branson.

TractorData.com Kubota L391 tractor information

To get to a Kubota the heft of the 35 HP Branson 3520H, you would need to get the Kubota L6060 which is 62 HP and costs more than twice as much as the Branson.

Guess you could say that's ten thousand reasons to consider a Branson. Well at least that's the reason when I bought new I looked at quite a few different kinds and 10 grand is still in my pocket.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #16  
I don't have a truck big enough to pull a tractor this size, so I obviously don't want to be hauling it.......

LOL, I used to pull my International Harvester 2404 (with an IH 2000 loader!) everywhere with my Ford Ranger :D

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #17  

That's a pretty huge difference when you're trying to get work done. The adage is to buy the most tractor your money can buy and they're talking about weight (tractor=traction and ballast) not horsepower..

100% Spot-On info! :thumbsup:

My Branson 3510i is wickedly overpowered with no additional weight.
I am guessing that with a BL10 Loader is has to be very, very close to 4,000lbs when I bought it.
I soon found out I either needed to use a LOT less power, or add more weight.

More weight has proven to be the best solution.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #18  
I recently purchased a 3520H with a BH76 backhoe. I used it for the first time to spread 40 yards of hog fuel over an access road I'm building and it worked great. The steel construction of the chassis is really impressive along with the steel fenders and hood. It wouldn't surprise me Branson becomes a legendary brand like Kubota in the future with a price that rises accordingly. Also, future models may have more electronic gadgetry so I'd recommend getting a Branson tractor now if you really want the heavy build quality and mechanical systems.

/ 3520R Reliability/Problems #19  
Excellent point about the robust/heavy construction. I looked at a nice used 2014 3520H today, and it's built like a battleship, compared to most competitors, especially Deere. I checked out a Mahindra and it struck me as cheaply finished, which I had heard some other posters say. Although a bit lighter than Branson, I am impressed with LS tractors, which IMO have the best fit and finish of CUTs I've seen. I just found out that a west MI Kubota franchise has purchased property adjacent to the Tractor Supply store north of Holland, and they'll start breaking ground in the early spring. This would be less than 10 minutes from my house, and by far the closest tractor dealer of any brand. I have been looking at the L2501, as well as the Branson 3015 and LS XG3025, and based on features, price, and loader and 3-point lift power and robustness, the Kubota is lagging behind. But with the news of the close dealer, along with an almost rabid fan base that guarantees strong resale value, I'm bringing the K back into the mix. I really do hope that Branson "gets its due" in the future and becomes known as the new tough guy on the block that takes big market share from Kubota, Deere, and the other big names, who rely heavily on their logos and past reputations and use that "perceived value" to charge more money for less tractor content.