Suggest fix for oil leak

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #1  

skrobe

Tractor
Branson 4720
Hello,

Anyone have suggestion as to fixing an oil leak from the sight glass window? Don't want to just tear into it if someone else has had the same problem and fixed it.

Thanks for any viable repair solutions!

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 144
   / Suggest fix for oil leak #2  
I've repaired similar things using watch glass and epoxy. You need a measurement to see if you can find the correct size glass. If so, remove the old one, clean, and reinsert the new glass using epoxy. We used to replace them in motorcycle master cylinders, worked well.

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #3  
Is it something that comes apart from the outside or do you pop it out from the inside? I've seen these on air compressor's and they unscrew from outside and put back in with a new O-ring. Don't know if I'd use epoxy.

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #4  
Hi skrobe, I don't know about your Branson but on my TYM 273 the sight glass is encased in rubber and just pops out (use a narrow flat screwdriver to work it out). Park the front end in a depression so the rear is raised up some and Hyd oil flows toward the front of tractor, then pop it out, clean real well, use a dab of silicone, let dry several hours and you should have leak stopped.
Good luck, Greg

/ Suggest fix for oil leak
Thank you for the responses and suggestions! I looked and it does just come out as Gregster613 suggested.

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #6  
How's it held in? What kind of gasket does it use?

/ Suggest fix for oil leak
Just held in place by friction. No gaskets or o-rings. Seems like the plastic window shrunk a bit causing a leak. Going to use silicone gasket seal as previously suggested.

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #8  
Good everything worked out for you. Seemed to be a easy fix .

/ Suggest fix for oil leak #9  
You can get new parts for this if need be.