Clutch problem on new 7845

/ Clutch problem on new 7845
How is your clutch doing? any better

Branson advised my dealer that they had seen the problem before and recommended a replacement of the Electronic Control Module for the transmission. The part has arrived and the tractor is in the shop now. I am a little skeptical since the problem only starts after the motor/transmission is hot. The transmission works smooth as butter when first started and gets progressively worse as the engine/transmission gets warmer. I am not sure if the heat affects the ECM, but I guess it could.

To recap, when hot, the transmission jerks hard when engaging, whether with the clutch (potentiometer switch) or shuttle shifting. After the initial jerk, the transmission then smoothly engages and begins movement in the direction selected. This jerking is hard enough to slip all four tires on the dirt about 6 inches when running the engine at the recommended 1800-2100 rpm. The jerking occurs with the same intensity whether going forward or reverse. Replacing the potentiometer clutch switch did not help the problem.

I will post the result of the ECM change-out.

/ Clutch problem on new 7845 #12  
Yes. Ignorant, as in lacking knowledge.

Wow! It is judgemental, biting, divisive statements like this that makes forums more harmful than good at times. Isn't it possible to respectfully disagree with someone without feeling the necessity to launch a personalized attack on them?

Got the tractor back from the dealer after they replaced the transmission's Electronic Control Module. I worked the tractor pretty hard over the weekend with a lot of stop, go and reversing direction while moving a lot of dirt.Replacing the ECM fixed the problem with the jerky transmission.

Next on my list is trying to correct the floppy bucket syndrome. I have read all the posts and have a good understanding of the cause. I am going to start with a adjustable hydraulic line restrictor.

/ Clutch problem on new 7845 #14  
Good to hear it's working better.
It's a shame that the area rep or dealer didn't have the software and knowledge to reset/reprogram
the TCU. We have 2 tractors on the farm 1 CIH and 1 NH the Puma is a full electronic and has only needed a
couple of minor tweaks to the shuttle and power shift, the NH has needed powershift and shuttle shift programing a few times,
as it would be to harsh a shift. The service techs had the tools (laptop and software) to adjust and tune them as required.

/ Clutch problem on new 7845 #15  
Very surprising. I have replaced several on the 8050s with no or even worse change. Even if a servicing dealer or tech has the knowledge and wants the tools they are unavailable from Branson stateside. With age and wear on the power shuttle components the tools will become an absolute necessity.

To KentC and LouNY, I am a Branson dealer in Oklahoma. I am currently on them like white on rice to provide the proper service tools for the 45 and 50 series tractor. Actually have the manual for the 45 series that they said they didn't have in 2016 but has a printing date of July 2015 so LouNY is correct about the incompetence of Bransons service department. If y'all would like to join me in the battle, via email, PM me. To Mr. Bitz, what you just said is just plain ignorant.

I would like to have a copy of the manual for the 7845. How can I get it?

/ Clutch problem on new 7845 #17  
Can order one through a dealer. That's it as far as I know.

/ Clutch problem on new 7845 #18  
Got the tractor back from the dealer after they replaced the transmission's Electronic Control Module. I worked the tractor pretty hard over the weekend with a lot of stop, go and reversing direction while moving a lot of dirt.Replacing the ECM fixed the problem with the jerky transmission.

Next on my list is trying to correct the floppy bucket syndrome. I have read all the posts and have a good understanding of the cause. I am going to start with an adjustable hydraulic line restrictor.
Can you explain or take a pic of the ECM that was replaced on your tractor ( if you still have it 5 years later). I’m trying to fix mine that is doing the same. Or Maybe just the part number of what was replaced?