Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Farmall 404

Default 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what?

There are 3 hoses on my loader valve - what does what?

Red:
    Orange:
    Green:
    I would like to add a remote for my log splitter,
    which has pioneer couplings and it's own control valve.
    3-hoses on loader valve - what does what?-loader-hoses-jpg
    '05 Branson 3510i with BL-10A loader & "construction" tires, '49 Farmall C, '50 Farmall C, '51 Farmall Super C, '53 Farmall Super C, '43 Farmall H, '50 Farmall M, '63 International 404 utility, '64 IH 2404 Industrial w/IH 2000 loader, Yanmar YM2000, YTO-180 with single-cylinder, direct-injected Chang Chai ZS1110 engine.

Default Re: 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what?

What do the indicators say?...just guessing...green is pressure, red is return and the orange is power beyond back to the 3ph...just a guess...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct yet sincere I don't suffer fools or thin skinned neanderthals...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

to plumb a new valve (it must have power beyond capability)...the pb port on the existing valve will become the pressure line for the new valve..."T" the new return/tank line into the existing return/tank line...and connect the pb port on the new valve back to the 3ph
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct yet sincere I don't suffer fools or thin skinned neanderthals...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Farmall 404

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    What do the indicators say?...just guessing...green is pressure, red is return and the orange is power beyond back to the 3ph...just a guess...
    There are no indicators or markings of any kind
    '05 Branson 3510i with BL-10A loader & "construction" tires, '49 Farmall C, '50 Farmall C, '51 Farmall Super C, '53 Farmall Super C, '43 Farmall H, '50 Farmall M, '63 International 404 utility, '64 IH 2404 Industrial w/IH 2000 loader, Yanmar YM2000, YTO-180 with single-cylinder, direct-injected Chang Chai ZS1110 engine.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Farmall 404

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    to plumb a new valve (it must have power beyond capability)...the pb port on the existing valve will become the pressure line for the new valve..."T" the new return/tank line into the existing return/tank line...and connect the pb port on the new valve back to the 3ph
    Yes, thank you……
    That part I already know.
    I just want to know what each port does before I start taking lines loose

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Farmall 404

The tall hexagon thing under the port with the red arrow is the pressure relief valve, which makes me think red is pressure coming in.
    I don't know if green or orange is power beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by LincTex View Post
    The tall hexagon thing under the port with the red arrow is the pressure relief valve, which makes me think red is pressure coming in.
    I don't know if green or orange is power beyond.
    After a second look I think you are right...I was looking it at upside down...with all the valves I have you would be correct...
    can you trace the hoses to see where they go? and just to be sure check the parts list diagrams for a description...
    Slash Pine

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

More than likely the red line is your pressure into the loader valve. The green is your power beyond (pressure out) and the orange is your return to tank line. The fitting under the green line is most likely the power beyond adapter plug.

If you want to make it simple and as economical as possible, just run a line from the green port to the back. Have a set of couplers at the back. Then run a return line to were ever the green line now connects. This will make a complete loop. Couple the hoses at the rear together or uncouple and insert your log splitter. This will work as is. If your log splitter is a 3 line system, then you will need to tee into the return to tank link with the return to tank line on the splitter.

Pretty simple, just have to remember that the lines at the rear MUST ALWAYS BE COUPLED, either to themselves or to the log splitter.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    More than likely the red line is your pressure into the loader valve. The green is your power beyond (pressure out) and the orange is your return to tank line. The fitting under the green line is most likely the power beyond adapter plug.

If you want to make it simple and as economical as possible, just run a line from the green port to the back. Have a set of couplers at the back. Then run a return line to were ever the green line now connects. This will make a complete loop. Couple the hoses at the rear together or uncouple and insert your log splitter. This will work as is. If your log splitter is a 3 line system, then you will need to tee into the return to tank link with the return to tank line on the splitter.

Pretty simple, just have to remember that the lines at the rear MUST ALWAYS BE COUPLED, either to themselves or to the log splitter.
    That is right the green is PB.

A way to be sure about which one is the pb port...remove the line and the adapter and see if there is a removable plug inside...
    Slash Pine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast