Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question

/ Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question #1  

ptsg

Tractor
Branson F36Rn - Agria 8900D
Hi there,

I have a new Branson F36Rn which is the same as the 3515R over there in US, apart from not having the DPF system and have a mid mounted ROPS instead of a rear one. It has 45 hours and I've been really pleased with it. Lots of power and very stable on steep hills.

Anyway, I was doing a regular walk-around just checking things, and noticed a little lever on the injection pump, underneath the throttle cables. I was wondering what is this for? Maybe a manual shutoff if the solenoid breaks?

I'll attach a picture from the service manual so you can take a better look. On the service manual, they don't even show the lever on the exploded views.

Thanks

pump3.jpgpump2.jpgpump1.jpgIMG_20171007_185646.jpgIMG_20171123_153801.jpg

/ Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question #2  
I think it's a manual fuel shutoff. Mine has it too though it looks a bit different. I have a Bosch VE pump (a licensed copy) on my A2000 engine. They're common so there's info about them on the internet.

On my 3725 when the solenoid is energized it opens the fuel port. Normal position is closed. If it fails that should stop the engine. But the pumps are generic so they include both.

Nice job on that winch. Looks like you mounted a toolbox too. Does it get in the way of getting on/off the tractor or do you mount it from the left?

/ Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question
Thanks for your answer. It is really helpful. I was thinking it could be the fuel shutoff.

Thanks again for compliment. The tractor didn't come with a step on the right side so I really didn't use that side a lot since it's a considerable high tractor. I always mount it from the left side. I've made an L bracket that bolts both the toolbox and bracket to the tractor and can also support the bottom of the box. I wanted a real toolbox, like those made of steel. But couldn't find any at a reasonable price. This also works nice and holds a lot of stuff. It's really heavy.

/ Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question #4  
It could be a fuel shut off lever, but if I had to bet I would think more of a fuel primer lever. For priming the injection pump incase of fuel loss of some sort. I guess a way to find out would be to pull on the lever while the tractor is running and if it dies it will be a fuel shut off lever. Just my guess.

/ Branson F36Rn (3515R) Fuel injection pump question
That's a really interesting point. Didn't occurred to me since it has a electric lift pump. But that is also a possibility. I didn't want to mess with it with the engine running and create the possibility of break something.