4015R dpf dash light

/ 4015R dpf dash light #1  

skeeter102

Tractor
Ford 8N
The dash light came on for the dpf system. How do I do a regen? The tractor has 50 hours on it.

Thanks!

/ 4015R dpf dash light #2  
I think yours is like mine, and doesn't use a regen cycle. Mine comes on if I run it at too low of an RPM for an extended period of time. Try running the tractor at a higher RPM (2000 rpm +) for a while and the light should go out. These dpf's don't like low rpms because it doesn't generate enough heat. Idling for a long period of time or repeated short cycles will also cause the light to come on.

/ 4015R dpf dash light
I think yours is like mine, and doesn't use a regen cycle. Mine comes on if I run it at too low of an RPM for an extended period of time. Try running the tractor at a higher RPM (2000 rpm +) for a while and the light should go out. These dpf's don't like low rpms because it doesn't generate enough heat. Idling for a long period of time or repeated short cycles will also cause the light to come on.

I typically run it at 2000 to 2500 rpm and avoid letting it idle. I did try running it at 2500 rpm in neutral for 20 min but it had no effect.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #4  
Try putting it under load. If you have the room, try "roading" it. Basically blaze it down the road in highest gear with your throttle wide open. Have to get the soot cooker over 1100 deg F for it to burn the soot out of the filter. Hard for me to do in the winter time too, as I'm not running my rotary cutter or an "loads", just putting around pushing snow with bucket and blade.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #5  
Solid DPF light is "Emergency", stop the tractor. Blinking every 1/2 second is "Caution", get service. Blinking every 2 seconds is "Check", "carry out a cleaning of the DPF". This according to the 20 series shop manual.

It also says "DPF check lamp will turn off if "Cleaning" is selected via scanner. That's the scanner that connects to the data logger's OBDII port. So if nothing else you can take it to the dealer and have them tell it to run a cleaning cycle... though it looks like in the manual that it does it on it's own at times, so I don't know what's different there vs the one that's commanded by the scanner.

/ 4015R dpf dash light
Would suck to have to load this thing up and haul it an hour just to have the light cleared. That's some BS.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #7  
As another option, you could just take the whole DPF and toss it and install a muffler. Several people have done that with favorable results. Your Branson Dealer wouldn't do this, but a local muffler shop probably would, or you could do it yourself. Then you could run the tractor at whatever rpm you wanted.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #8  
Branson tractors here in Europe doesn't have the DPF systems. I believe the engines are the same. So remove the whole DPF thing might work just fine. Apart from warranty issues.

I have a F36Rn with is exactly the same as the 3515 in the US apart from not having the DPF system and have a middle mounted ROPS instead.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #9  
Would suck to have to load this thing up and haul it an hour just to have the light cleared. That's some BS.

You'd be hauling it to the dealer to get the DPF to run a cleaning cycle. Though the manual says it runs them on it's own as well, and does not explain the difference. Maybe your dealer could explain it or give you guidance.

It'd be great if Branson would either sell the scanner or if a commercially available OBD2 code reader would work. The port is OBD2. I tried reading it using a cheap OBD2 dongle with no luck. It wouldn't even connect.

/ 4015R dpf dash light #10  
Might have to have Dave's Tractor confirm but it is my understanding that they don't sell the 4015 model because of issues with premature DPF plugging. The 3515 seems to not have the issue as much so they still sell that model. With the new 4815 coming out soon I hope they have figured out the PM DPF plugging issue on these higher HP models.

So this might be a design issue where the emissions/dpf system doesn't have a big enough envelope of operating load/use type to sustain a clean DPF.