What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #1  

bigrich954rr

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 4720h 6ft brush hog ,post hole digger, ripper, pallet forks,
I finally hit the 50 hour all fluids Change for my 4720h what should I buy ?

What hoping I can buy 5 gals buckets of fluid that will also work with my old case 680 backhoe but will buy anything I need to keep it runnning

What is everybody here running ?

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #2  
I could not find the two tractor fluids listed in the manual. I'm remote from the dealer. They use THF1000 in their shop but they only have it in bulk. The oil they offered to send me was Mahindra branded. I ended up getting Mobil 424. The specs are very close to the THF1000. It's now $100/bucket on Amazon incuding shipping, it was $90 when I got it last year. Napa listed THF1000 on their web site for $45 but when I called local stores I found I'd have to pay to get it shipped from Atlanta and they couldn't actually get it anyhow. I could have probably found something good cheaper but that'd have taken a bunch of phone calls and it was more effective to just click a button.

For engine oil I used Delo 400 'cause it was on sale at Costco.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #3  

Attachments

• 20180226_143223_HDR_resized.jpg
    20180226_143223_HDR_resized.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 185
   / What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #4  
I don't know what the Case takes, but if you belong to Costco, go in and buy their Premium Tractor Fluid ($47/5 gal) for your Branson. Don't get their hydraulic fluid which will be right next to it.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change
Sweet thank you guys that helps a lot I run T6 in my truck so that will be the engine oil.

I might spend the money for the Mobil 424 cause I think that what I found matches close before but no way I would use it in the case that thing leaks like a strainer.

I might try and find the travler tractor fluid

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #6  
The Branson dealer [in Spokane] told me NAPA green lid Utf. Whats cool is D+D Equipment in Eprata wa is Re-opening The old Branson Dealership. Yeah.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #7  
I finally hit the 50 hour all fluids Change for my 4720h what should I buy ?

What hoping I can buy 5 gals buckets of fluid that will also work with my old case 680 backhoe but will buy anything I need to keep it runnning

What is everybody here running ?

I have two new tractors, the Bransons. The 6530 came with trans/hyd fluid specified for the front axle. The 2400 came with 80w-90 SPECIFIED in large print manufactured some 7 years later. I got in a hurry and abused my 6530 and broke some roller bearings in the front axle.

In contacting the Branson folks for parts (the Plainview, Tx. distribution site) I was informed that Branson had changed their mind on what to use in the front axle since it IS a gear box and has no hydraulic oil low viscosity pumping requirements like the main drive and the common sump for it.

So, I installed not 80w-90 but 85w-140 "gear" oil since I am in N. Tx. and not worried about winter thick oil problems.....if they would matter anyway.

Don't know what's in your 4720 but you might tweak them for their current recommendations for your front gearbox oil type/viscosity. If they already spec gear oil, then the decision has been made for you. Buster Jenkins is the knowledgeable guy at the Plainview, TX. site.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #8  
Do you use the bucket to lift the front end, to pivot the front diff for draining. One of my "todays" projects.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #9  
I just drained the oil from both axle housings using the drain plugs, with the wheels on the ground.

/ What new fluids to buy for 4720h 50 hour change #10  
Do you check the front differential fluid level with the plug screwed in OR left loose [not screwed in] Our new dealer in Ephrata thought screwed in, I have always thought not screwed in.