Info needed 3820i

/ Info needed 3820i #1  

kittyhawk

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X300 X350 Lawn Tractors. BRANSON 3620H
Hi guys my father in law looked at a nice used 3820i he is interested in but has zero experience with tractors or farm equipment. So I am getting some info for him. First the tractor had 330 hours and unknown of service records, the large filter under the left side mid way back looks new. Do not know if that is the hydraulic filter or not. No leaks and underneath looks clean no issues he could see. Tires look good look like very little use. The main issues are it has been stored out doors and all the plastic on the dash and seat are looking faded and it dose not have rear remotes. Also I have looked and could not find the loader rating and the PTO HP, tractor data has the engine is rated at 38 HP so I figured the PTO is close to 33-34 HP. So I figure it will pull a 6 medium duty brush hog and pull a 5-6 disk.
Thanks

/ Info needed 3820i #2  
Not to sound rude but; What is your question? Sounds like a pretty good tractor from what you have said.

/ Info needed 3820i #3  
don't see where you posted the price but sounds like it may be doable ,,

/ Info needed 3820i
I guess what I was after is what is the Approximate cost of filters for this model and adding remotes. They are asking $12,500. We plan on going and getting some seat time on it one day next week, I am still looking for something similar but closer to 50 hp.

Last edited:
   / Info needed 3820i #5  
I have a smaller and 14 year old version (Century 2535) that has a 35 hp engine that is plenty adequate for a 6' bush hog and 6 ft offset disc. But if you want 50 hp you will be disappointed with that size tractor. It will weigh as much as many 50 hp tractors that are on the market which does make a difference when pulling a disc. A complete filter change will be a bit over $100 but you only do that every 300 hours or so. There are plenty of cross referenced filter listings in the forum, but I have found the OEM filters to provide the best service in my 14 year old tractor. When taken care of these are solid dependable tractors. Also there are a number of very good dealers in Texas that keep good inventory of parts. W Jones

/ Info needed 3820i
My father in-law mentioned to me today that the fuel tank is had damage to the filler neck. he said it had JB weld around the filler neck where it meets the tank. I think if it looks and runs good and had a recent service around the 300 hour mark we might make an offer on it. I just bought 104 acers and have it leased for cattle and hay right now and plan on keeping that for at least the next 5 years so I think we can get by with a smaller tractor to begin with since the price is hard to beat at $12,500.