Branson Cummins engines

/ Branson Cummins engines #1  

TomIre

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 3725
I've had one dealer say all Branson's have a Cummins diesel and another one say they aren't. First one said that's how Branson got into tractors. Cummins asked Kukje to make some engine blocks for them. Cummins then threw the diesel bits on. Kukje then got into tractors in part because they had access to the Cummins engines. Second one said they haven't used Cummins engines in "years".
Anybody know for sure?

/ Branson Cummins engines #2  
Yes they are cummins type A series engines. This began back in 1996 whe the partnership started.

/ Branson Cummins engines #3  
mine is a cummins made by kukje ,,I would stay away from the dealer who said they wasn't

/ Branson Cummins engines #4  
They are indeed Cummins engines. Built by Kukje, to exact Cummins design spec. And I think (not positive) that Kukje has been in tractor manufacturing longer than they had the contract with Cummins. So, it was, tractor manufacturer started making engines for Cummins. Not, some outfit started making knock-off Cummins engines, and then decided to start tossing them into tractors.

Google Kukje, they make and have made a lot of farm and construction machinery for a long time. Some of it is pretty cool looking stuff, for other overseas markets. Some of their rice production machinery is just cool to look at.

/ Branson Cummins engines #5  
Here's Cummin's 2002 announcement of a partnership with Kukje: Cummins.com > News Article
This 2012 Kukje press release has more info about them making Cummins A series engines: :: KUKJE MACHINERY ::

The A series was designed by Onan. Cummins got the rights when they bought Onan, made them for a while and then licensed them to Kukje to make them for Cummins and their own use.
I think Cummins-Onan uses them in some of their generators. This document mentions that and goes on to explain how Kukje changed the design from sleeves to bored in block (like Cummins B series), and changed heads to match: http://engineprofessional.com/TB/TB020118-2.pdf

Last edited:
   / Branson Cummins engines #6  
Yup, Cummins in name only, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good diesel engine...

SR

/ Branson Cummins engines #7  
OP,

Normally the trolls don't wander this far down the forum pages, but occasionally, one gets bored enough and wanders in. They don't (normally) stay for long (although this one might stay a while, now that he's been fed).

/ Branson Cummins engines #8  
Yup, Cummins in name only, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good diesel engine...

SR

Your absolutely correct.. But Cummins has proven itself. They ARE A WORLD CLASS LEADER in diesel engines. I've put 200,000 miles on my '03 Dodge RAM 2500 cummins turbo diesel in the past 10 years. I bought it to pull my tractor and trailer. It's NEVER broke down on me. So they ARE MORE THAN A NAME.. I guess you've never owned one.

/ Branson Cummins engines #9  
Never owned what?? A Cummins?

I have a couple of them here right now, the REAL Cummins diesels are a HD long lasting diesel, never said they weren't...

SR

/ Branson Cummins engines #10  
Fake News. Disinformation. Competitor hype. Jealous mouthpieces. etc. etc. etc.

Cummins has built over 1 million engines world wide. I have used them for years. Cummins doesn't built all it's engines in the US. It has builders world wide. To be Cummins Licensed, you have to be inspected and provide the necessary support mechanisms to meed the Cummins standards.

My 6530c was built in Japan by Komatsu heavy equipment company.....the "other" heavy equipment you see at large construction sites besides Caterpillar. Branson number is B 3.3 NA.....www the number if confused about it being a Cummins licensed engine. My 2016 2400 was built by Kukje in S. Korea under the Cummins license...A 1100 N....look up the Cummins number if confused about it being a licensed engine. I think '07 and '16 are SORTA current engines.