Has anyone ever experienced this?

/ Has anyone ever experienced this? #1  

wejones

Bronze Member
Tractor
Century 2535
On a few occasions while driving my 2535 Century the engine will start running rough with some knocking sounds. I have only noticed this while turning sharply or stopping or starting suddenly. Closing the throttle and letting the engine run slower for a few seconds stops the rough sound and then I can open the throttle up again. I am wondering if I am somehow taking fuel away from the injector pump or introducing air in the fuel sytem. This only happens periodically with no apparent pattern other than what I have noted. Has anyone experienced any thing like this? If it has any significance, the tractor is still new and is not broken in yet with only about 15 hours on the motor. Willie Jones.

/ Has anyone ever experienced this? #2  
I have around 17 hours on my C47L and have not had the problem you are talking about. Maybe someone with the same style motor can comment.

/ Has anyone ever experienced this? #3  
A blockage in the fuel lines or filters --or sucking air somewhere could cause this. (Could be a bad injector , but I doubt it)
Dirty fuel,transported in 5 gallon buckets has been known to cause fuel screens and/or filters to plug quickly.
Your best bet would be to take it to your dealer---it should still be under warranty.
(Be prepared to pay him for his time, if it turns out to be a dirty fuel problem.)

dancce

/ Has anyone ever experienced this?
Dancce, I will keep an eye on the fuel filter. I store my fuel in plastic diesel fuel containers, but it is still easy to get dirt into it. If it happens again I will contact my dealer. Thanks for the information. Willie Jones