Adding rear remotes

/ Adding rear remotes #1  

MicroPilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT3500 hand-me-down
Would it be possible/feasable for an owner to self install the hydraulics for the rear remotes?

If so how difficult, on a scale of 1/easy - 10/hard, would this be?

/ Adding rear remotes #2  
I sure would like to know what the rear remotes do?

Thanks,
Gene

/ Adding rear remotes #3  
I installed a set of rear remotes on my Branson 2810 because I wanted to use a hydraulic top link. It comes as a kit which includes a single spool valve and two metal hydraulic lines with quick connect couplers. This kit should also work on a Century 3035. Very easy to install, just bolts into place. I did have to temporarily remove the right rear fender to have enough access room to bolt on the spool valve. Total installation time was about two hours. Definatly worth the time and money.

/ Adding rear remotes
Rear remotes are hydraulic quick connects and valves (controls) for operating hydraulic equipment attached to the 3PH. This would be things like a hydraulic top link, Log splitter, Post pounder, hydraulic angle adjustments on blades, etc. 1 set of remotes would be 2 quick connects, and would be able to operate 1 cylinder or other hydraulic mechanism.

/ Adding rear remotes
Tomcat, how much did the kit cost?

/ Adding rear remotes #7  
It's not hard to do. A couple of hours with the right tools. Make sure the machine is CLEAN. DO NOT contaminate the hydraulics with dirt, trash and stuff. virg

/ Adding rear remotes
Did this come with installation instructions, specifically for the hydraulic hook-up?

/ Adding rear remotes #9  
I don't think it came with specific instructions for installation. I just followed the diagrams in my tractor manual. It came in two pre-assembled units, the control valve and the line assembly.