Overflowing oil dipstick tube.

/ Overflowing oil dipstick tube. #1  

my3510

Tractor
Branson
Today while moving some dirt w/front end loader I noticed a line of oil on the ground as I backed up. I shut the motor down and looked for the source, it appeared to be coming from some sort of over flow hose under the tractor motor. I then decided to check the oil level, as I pulled the dipstick out oil shot out of the dipstick tube. I then went to the back of the tractor to check the Hyd/trans. fluid level, there was none showing on the site glass. It appears that the Hyd. fluid is somehow now in the motor, is this possible and does anyone have a idea as to what has gone wrong? My tractor is a Branson 3510 which has about 65 Hours on it, I recently did the 50 Hour changes and up to this point been very happy with my purchase. I called my dealer and he is comming over tonight to pick the tractor up, and has assured me it will be taken care of, He is even bringing a tractor to pull it from where it sits on my property (bottom of a fairly steep grade 1/2 mile from my house). I hope no damage has been done and it isn't to difficult of a repair. Has anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks for any info, Mike

/ Overflowing oil dipstick tube. #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It appears that the Hyd. fluid is somehow now in the motor, is this possible and does anyone have a idea as to what has gone wrong? )</font>

Sounds like it may be a bad seal in the hydraulic pump letting hyd. fluid into the motor.

/ Overflowing oil dipstick tube. #3  
Is there REALLY any way the trans./hydro fluid could get in the engine. It doesn't appear to me that it's possible via the hydro pump. Here is a picture showing the hydro pump on my 3035 (VERY large picture)

Engine LH Side

The hydro pumps are below the alternator. They are the silver/grey ovalish cylinders. One is the main pump the other is for steering.

/ Overflowing oil dipstick tube. #4  
It's not real common, and I've never seen it on a Branson, but yes hydraulic fluid can get through the pump into the engine. We had this on a Yanmar once. It seemed to be the oddest thing until we figured it out!

/ Overflowing oil dipstick tube. #5  
yes it does happen.. if the seal on the hydraulic pump fails, then the crank case will fill with Hyd oil. it doesn't take long to fill the crank case.
I,ve seen this happen a few times with Branson, John Deere. I made one fail last winter when I cranked the engine one cold mourning and almost imeadently went to work. I did not let the engine and hydraulics warm up at all.
Here is the part # to replace the seal...TCM part 17x30x7tc which replaces 6622/17x30x7.