Default 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter

After much himming and hawwing I have finally decided to pull the trigger and put the big purchase on my tractor.

I decided on the 4220 with FEL and a 5ft rotary. I did not go bigger on the cutter since a large portion of my property is planted pines and I have some concerns about working in and around the trees.

I have spoken with/visted the 3 closest dealers and the best price I got was $18.5K delivered. All seemed like good people that I would have no reservations doing business with. The dealer I am talking to is Lazenby's Landscaping in Hampton, Florida.

Does this seem reasonable for north florida? There were some pretty big fluctuations in price between the 3 so it struck me as a little odd.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Zetor C-42 with HL50 loader

Default Re: 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter

On par with what I paid...of course the Northeast is known as the Gold Coast

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Branson 4720

FWIW I paid $23.500 for a 3820 with the FEL, Back-hole,
    6ft finish mower & a 5ft Bush hog, R4 tires.
    This was out the door no tax.
    My dealer was in Northen In.

Tractor
    Branson 3510

I'd say that is right about where the price is around here. How big was the fluctuation? Good dealer is important, but you may want to check into service turn-around time in case you have a problem.

I meant to get back sooner but life got in the way somehow, anyway, I had about a $2K difference from dealer to dealer, I also had one dealer quote me a price then when I called back to close the deal and send them a check I spoke with the son (I had previously spoken with the father) and I was told a price that was $1K more and it was not negotiable. Needless to say, simply because of that I crossed them off my list, which is unfortunate since I had seemed to develop a real rapore with the father and felt comfortable buying from him.

In any event I should be taking delivery this saturday of my new 4220, God willing and the creek don't rise. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Silver Member
    Tractor
    9641 Zetor Forterra

How much do the back-holes go for in Illinois?
    Can't hardly sell one here----seems like everyone already has one. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dancce

(I know ,--there always has to be at least one SA in the crowd!!)

Tractor
    Century 3045 (48 hp), R-4's, C50 HL loader, C-86 BackHoe, Cub Cadet Z-force 44 and 1042

Hey Dan,

If you still have that hoe and need someplace to store it, I am sure I can "store" it for ya and make more room in that lot for ya. I won't even charge you a storage fee.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Branson 4720

Back-hoe in IL... dont have clue, got it all as a pakage deal.
    For some reason the sales recpts wasnt itemized?
    I think somewhere between 4-5000.....
    I find myself using it alot! It picks up stuff that wont fit in the loader [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Sometimes a pinch will do [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    For the most part I leave the B/H on my Branson, I got a couple
    of old Ford tractors to bush and grass cut with.
    Gene