4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #1  

kutter

Tractor
Branson 4220
After much himming and hawwing I have finally decided to pull the trigger and put the big purchase on my tractor.

I decided on the 4220 with FEL and a 5ft rotary. I did not go bigger on the cutter since a large portion of my property is planted pines and I have some concerns about working in and around the trees.

I have spoken with/visted the 3 closest dealers and the best price I got was $18.5K delivered. All seemed like good people that I would have no reservations doing business with. The dealer I am talking to is Lazenby's Landscaping in Hampton, Florida.

Does this seem reasonable for north florida? There were some pretty big fluctuations in price between the 3 so it struck me as a little odd.

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #2  
On par with what I paid...of course the Northeast is known as the Gold Coast

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #3  
FWIW I paid $23.500 for a 3820 with the FEL, Back-hole,
6ft finish mower & a 5ft Bush hog, R4 tires.
This was out the door no tax.
My dealer was in Northen In.

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #4  
I'd say that is right about where the price is around here. How big was the fluctuation? Good dealer is important, but you may want to check into service turn-around time in case you have a problem.

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter
I meant to get back sooner but life got in the way somehow, anyway, I had about a $2K difference from dealer to dealer, I also had one dealer quote me a price then when I called back to close the deal and send them a check I spoke with the son (I had previously spoken with the father) and I was told a price that was $1K more and it was not negotiable. Needless to say, simply because of that I crossed them off my list, which is unfortunate since I had seemed to develop a real rapore with the father and felt comfortable buying from him.

In any event I should be taking delivery this saturday of my new 4220, God willing and the creek don't rise. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #6  
How much do the back-holes go for in Illinois?
Can't hardly sell one here----seems like everyone already has one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dancce

(I know ,--there always has to be at least one SA in the crowd!!)

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #7  
Hey Dan,

If you still have that hoe and need someplace to store it, I am sure I can "store" it for ya and make more room in that lot for ya. I won't even charge you a storage fee.

/ 4220 With BL20A and 5ft Rotary Cutter #8  
Back-hoe in IL... dont have clue, got it all as a pakage deal.
For some reason the sales recpts wasnt itemized?
I think somewhere between 4-5000.....
I find myself using it alot! It picks up stuff that wont fit in the loader /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sometimes a pinch will do /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
For the most part I leave the B/H on my Branson, I got a couple
of old Ford tractors to bush and grass cut with.
Gene