Price Check Pricing on 4220 Branson

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #1  

trs

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4220
Since no one responded to my first post.. I will ask another question.. Is 15,600 with Ag tires after rebate for paying cash..will use home equity loan..for a 4220 with loader a fair price..dealer quoted price I did not haggle him down, dealer wanted no deposit said if I wanted it, just pay him when he delivered it.. so I would assume it is OTD price
Backhoe add B7620 $4765 -- B8620 $5495 dealer is 300 miles away from me in Georgia and will deliver for another $400.. only dealers close are John Deere and Farmtrac, Taff, Mahindra.. I have only heard good things about the South Korean tractors and it seems like they weigh more than the other competition.. I know there will be no dealers close by so I am a little hesitant to jump on this deal.. seems like Branson has a good track record.. closest dealer on a Kioti DK40, 40 miles away was $19,000 with loader.. $3000 after getting tractor delivered will buy a lot of attachments.. I guess I need to calculate the risk of something going wrong with the Branson.. I am easy on my equipment.. I may consider the Mahindra as dealer is close by.. By the way I will be using on 18acres of slightly hilly land loaded with trees for general cleanup, etc will use to clear out area for house, land can be slippery after some rain so thinking Ag tires are the way to go in that muddy Georgia clay.. also will mow 4 acres at another location. I was set on new left over 2004 Cub Cadet 8404 230 miles away. A Local dealer of different brand said resale on Cubs is bad due to some problems years ago, I know Kioti's have good resale, dont see much on discussion boards about the 8000 series.. I think it is same as Kioti just different paint, I like to have lots of company to compare notes with and it seems like the Branson line has a lot of talk going on..

Thanks for any advice

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #2  
Sounds like a great price to me on the tractor/loader. I have the forerunner to the 4220...the 4020 and have similar sized land to yours, and clay and hills. This sized tractor is just about perfect for my needs...and the property size. I went with the Industrial tires however. Depending on how steep/big your hills are....the R4s will give you a wider stance and may be a little more stable. I think the sidewalls are little stiffer. The industrials are a little more easy on your grass as well. The downside on the industrial, is that if you are in mud, the lugs do not self clean very well and you end up with slicks. I figure if it is that muddy, I shouldn't be using the tractor anyway. Just something for you think about. If you can swing it, go for the 8 1/2 ft BH rather than the 7 1/2 footer. When I bought mine, they didn't have the 8 1/2 footer as an option. I just believe the larger it is, the more work you can do without moving.

Here's what I have found with my 4020 with R4s... it is very stable on hills, has good weight for traction. Having said that, use a little common sense on the hills...and most importantly always try to balance out your weight...if using the loader make sure you have weight on the back...eg implement, BH, or weight box.

And since the Branson guys talk about the warts too...you should be aware that some of the first of the new engines (A series) were a little harder to start and had some white smoke on start up. This should have since been remedied, I think they did it by installing a checkvalve in the fuel line, and a different glow plug timer set up. (this has been talked about in previous posts).

As far as using your home equity.... I like to think of a tractor as a long term investment for keeping your place up...especially with 18 acres...and so what you are doing there seems appropriate to me. I know my dad's 600 series ford served us for over 40 yrs.

The guys on this forum just like to talk about how good these kukje tractors are, the money we are saving, and how we can spend the savings on more implements...like backhoes. These are just good, honest, workhorses. I am waiting on the March winds to dry out the ground some so I can get back to my barn site leveling project. I can't wait to get some more seat time. My next purchase ....will be some forks for my loader....to help me move some of those logs around from my barn site. Of course there's a need to get a plow, and oh some remote hydraulic connections, and top and tilt....and oh did I mention the grapple? OK.... I can dream can't I?

Good luck with your decision whatever it is. Remember, any tractor is better than no tractor.

sassafraspete

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson
Thanks for the response.. Born & raised in Indy and to get away we always went to Brown County.. nice and hilly Indy was flat..probably if I started out in Brown County I would never have left Indiana... I moved to Florida in 1978 and now going to Thomas County Georgia 40 miles north of Tallahassee, as Florida is getting to many people, especally here in Palm Beach county.. as soon as you leave Georgia and hit the Florida state line traffic picks up, I have been trying to figure out what they are giving away down here in Florida, but still haven't found it.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifThis is my first tractor purchase and at 55 years old I cant afford to many more mistakes /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif... The Cub was my first choice till I ran across the Branson line.. Dealer said R-4 tires would add $300.. also thinking about some rear hydraulic remotes.. price with 8.5 Ft backhoe was $21,465 + $300 r-4's =$21,765 like I said before there is not many that have a Cub 8000 series to compare notes with, and even though it is same machine as Kioti.. i dont think they would accept me as one of their own /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #4  
I live a little North of you in Trafalgar. I am considering buying a Branson. What dealer did you buy from? Are you happy with the service? Thanks

Bob

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #5  
Bob, if you spit toward the east on a windy day you might be able to hit his place. Go over and hit US 31, and south to Edinburg. Turn off of 31 onto Eisenhower drive....and head into town a few stop signs until you see tractors. His name is Dave Brown... and his biz name is Dave's Farm Service....812-526-5504. He is a good mechanic, and has been working for farmers around here for years. His place is fairly small, but he has a good selection of tractors. I haven't had to have anything done on mine other than routine mntce which I have done myself. I buy my filters from him and occasionally feed my need for more attachments. Tell him some guy sent you there and was mumbling "I should have bought green". He will know who you are talking about, if he hasn't run you off the place first. I always use that line to get his attention. Go kick a few tires...and Good luck.

pete

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #6  
Thanks Pete, I will head over there. Will Dave negotiate price at all? I looked at Branson over a year ago in Franklin, and that guy wouldn't deal. He now sells the LG Montana. Thanks again.

Bob

/ Pricing on 4220 Branson #7  
I just priced a 4220 in PA and I think you have a great deal there. I was quoted $16,700 with a bush hog, turf tires, no loader. The bush hog would be about $850 but the loader would be about $3,000. So it makes me wonder if I'm looking at a good deal or not.

Thanks for sharing.