no reaction

/ no reaction #1  

mudcat

Platinum Member
I recently posted a tread, asking what model JD, Kukje. The thread was moved to the John Deere forum. To my surprise, there was only one response. Of coarse it was a Branson owner. Not one JD owner would admit that their brand had anything in common with "other brands". Just thought it was funny.
On a more serious note, what is a fair price on a '05 3510 w/fel and backhoe.

/ no reaction #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not one JD owner would admit that their brand had anything in common with "other brands". Just thought it was funny. )</font>

How many answers that said the same thing were you expecting? Seems like one would be enough, whoever it was from. In any case, I serously doubt more than a few knew the answer to your question, but if you already knew the answer I fail to see why you asked the question as though you didn't know the answer unless you were trolling. I hope you weren't doing that on purpose.

I admit I've never heard of Kukje nor the JD model that is apparently made by Kukje. It's well known that Deere outsources manufacture of many of it's models. This is not news to anyone.

Cliff

/ no reaction
Honestly, Was not trolling. I respect TBN patrons. I have been shopping around for a tractor,doing research on the big three and the "other brands". Thats when I found out that Branson was made by a Korean company named Kukje. So I checked out Kukje, saw that they made a JD model. But they did not state which one. Now on to the funny part. I have noticed in reading these forums that a lot of big 3 owners knock on the Korean made tractor(I understand PRIDE).But they may want to check what is under their tails first. I hope you understand that I wasn't trying to start a world war. I was just sharing a funny thought.

/ no reaction #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( a lot of big 3 owners knock on the Korean made tractor)</font>

I suppose this is true, though I haven't noticed it because I don't know which tractors are Korean made. But I suspect they would be talking about Korean brands, that is, Korean designs, rather than US designs with outsourced manufacture to specification in Korea.

Is Branson a Korean company, or a US company that has Kukje manufacture their designs for them?

Do you know if they manufacture any other US "name" tractors other than Branson and a JD model? Just curious.

Cliff

/ no reaction #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's well known that Deere outsources manufacture of many of it's models. This is not news to anyone.
)</font>

I actually think this would be news to a vast majority of the population in the U.S. Your TBN regulars probably realize this but for the most part most people think John Deere is American made. Remember that long nasty thread about 6 months ago. A person posted about John Deere being made over seas and the poor guy was roasted on the spot by many misinformed people. In fact my local John Deere salesman scoffed at first about John Deere being made oversea.

Just yesterday a guy was ribbing me about not buying a John Deere American made tractor. He was shocked when I told him many of John Deere tractors come from over the seas.

/ no reaction #6  
If the John Deere crowd needs to see it for themselves, send them to the Kukje website to watch the video.

Kukje

/ no reaction #7  
Wing,
Thanks for the link. I've been looking at several tractors for a little while now and my interest in the Branson line is growing. Kukje really seems to be a top notch company. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ no reaction #8  
It looks like one of the Deere-Kukji tractors is the 5410

/ no reaction #9  
kukje - john deere --- 5320,5520,5420,and 6610

it may or may not be true that thse J.D. machines are not made for the US.. I don't know.

However, There are many many machines over here that are not supposed to be over here in the first place , all differant makes of them.

/ no reaction #10  
I would like to know the cross-over models for very pragmatic reasons - I live very close to a JD dealer and miles from the only remaining Branson dealer. When I stopped at the JD dealer to look for filters I was greeted with blank looks. When I asked about the Cummins A1700 I again received blank looks and the statement that JD uses only Yanmars. I left in frustration and went to the auto parts store armed with the filter cross-over list from TBN and the nagging warning in the back of my mind about undersized bypass valves.

The JD dealer went so far as to tell me if I didn't have a JD part number they coudn't help as that was the only way their computer worked!?!