Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's....

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #1  

MaineTWLSB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
Ground clearance on Cent/Bran\'s....

Ok I have read back on this thread til about March of ’04 and near as I can gather the Branson and Century’s are the same base tractors. Now does that include the frame?? I’m looking at both brands and prefer the Century 3035 and one reason is ground clearance 13”. The Branson 3510 only has 11.2”. The other two contenders are the C38L with 13” gc and the 3820 only 12”.

I know these aren’t big differences but I’m curious why there is a difference? Also weights are different 3035 (3,770lb), C38L (also 3,770lb), 3510 (3,749lb), 3820 (4,087lb).

When/if (unfortunately it’s a big IF) I get a tractor it will be one of these two brands (don’t see as many “how do you fix this….” comments on this thread).

Thanks for any input (I hope… /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

John

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #2  
Re: Ground clearance on Cent/Bran\'s....

Could the difference in clearances be because of different brands/sizes of tires?

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #3  

I agree with Garry. A simple 1 inch difference in clearance has to do with tire choice. I don't have a Century dealer near me, but as far as the Branson's go, you essentially have two frames for their tractors. the 10 series and the 20. The 20 is heavier because it is a little larger. They do now have a third, called the 30 series. I've seen some great prices on that 3510. I know I've seen them new in the equipment trader for under $12,000. Think it was more like 11.5. This was just for tractor, of course. From what I can tell, it is a very good value. I know that my Ford 2000 can do just about anything I ask of it. It weighs 3600 lbs and was 36hp when new. Since it is 36 years old and a gas engine, who knows what hp it actually produces now. Still, it is one heck of a machine. Now consider the 3510. It weighs 3756 lbs and has a 35 hp engine with 31hp on the pto. This matches my old 2000, not to mention that the 3510 is fwd! So if you are looking for a tractor that should be able to do anything you want and at a great price too, I'd seriously consider the Branson 3510. Its got the power, weight and best price. It will not disappoint you.

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #4  

Do these tractors include loaders? The FEL's on Bransons are from a different Mfg. than the Century's. As I haven't done a detailed inspection of a Branson, I'm just speculating here, but, the difference in ground clearance could be due to differences in the FEL subframe.

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's....

Yes Micro the loaders are different, Century(aka Zetor) makes their own. Can't remember who makes Branson's. I think I have that right....
The loaders are a big reason I prefer the Century's, stat wise they are much stronger. Another reason is the Branson dealer told me you can only put a 7.5' BH on the 3510 and I can put a 8.5' on the 3035. Can put an 8.5' on the 3820 but there is a pretty big price jump for that machine.
Thank you all for your input.
John

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #6  

Wow! A 7.5' bushhog is huge. I think I would stick with a 5' not more than a 6' on a mid 30 range hp tractor. Not saying they can't move them, but Like I said, I have a lot of seat time on the 2000 and the cutter for it is a 5'. For small brush or tall grass/weeds I'd be concerned about tring to eat a bigger path with such little hp. The dealers I've talked to about tractors in this hp range have also pointed towards either 5 or maybe 6'. Just a thought.

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #7  

For what it is worth, my 3510 backhoe 7620 is made by Amerequip and the FEL is by Ansung. My dealer upsized the tires (same size as the 3820) to get better ground clearance ($500).
Paul

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #8  

HRS,

When they were talking about 7.5' BH or 8.5' BH they meant Back Hoe and not BushHog. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh all the TBN shortcuts.

/ Ground clearance on Cent/Bran's.... #9  

OK! I feel much better now. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif