Tires Tire spacing

/ Tire spacing #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I have a Branson 4720 with Ag tires. I am trying to figure out what the possible combinations of tire spacings are and the manual is very confusing. The way I understand it he front tires have two settings either in or out and the rear tires have four settings, depending on which side of the rim the center is bolted to and which way it is facing. Right now I have all four tires on 48" centers more or less.

I am wondering what the maximum width I can get is while still having the front and rear tires the same width as I am trying to plant some row crops. I could remove them and try the combinations but I was hoping maybe someone has already done this or possibly has a zetor or century manual that gives a better explanation than mine does.

/ Tire spacing
Anyone?

/ Tire spacing #3  
Bdog,

Not a farmer here, but here is my take.

Whatever the front wheels are at set at when maxed out is the most you going to get out of the tractor for width.

The rears can be setup for much wider than the fronts.

I'm sure you know this already, not sure what you're looking for.

ram

/ Tire spacing
Thanks. I know that the widest I can get will be limited by the fronts. My question I guess is when the fronts are at their widest, is there a setting for the rears that will match up with the fronts? I would just try it and see, but my tires are loaded, and have bolt on weights and I can not move them around with out the help of another tractor with a loader. I can get one from my neighbor, but I would like to know if it will work before I go to all the trouble.

/ Tire spacing #5  
The Century manual is confusing but it lists the spacing as 45 inches, 48 in, 52 in, 54.5 in, 56 in and a maximum of 59 inches with ag tires. It lists the front tires as 50 inch width for your tractor. The center bolts are torqued to 130 lb-ft and the disk/rim bolts are torqued to 180 lb-ft.

/ Tire spacing
Thanks for the reply. Right now I would say I am at 48" rear, and 48" front, but that could easily be the 50" you are mentioning.

So from what you are reading there is only one setting for the front tires? It looks to me that they could be flipped for a wider stance, but I have not tried it. Also your manual is saying there are 6 different spacing options for the rear. The way I was looking at it I could only see 4 possible combinations, but I may be wrong. Still confused here /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Tire spacing #7  
To get 6 you have hub in/out, rim in/out on hub, or tires switched right to left, left to right. That could also give you 2 for the front if the rim is off set. tim

/ Tire spacing #8  
bdog, I swapped my ags on my previous 2810, the fronts I dished them out and the rears I had the dish outward and on the outside of the tabs that you bolt the center dish to. I don't know the spacing in inches but it did provide for a wider stance along with more stability. I found that it looked better too.