Oil & Fuel 4020 fuel filter bowl

/ 4020 fuel filter bowl #1  

danburt

Tractor
Branson 4020
hello, my fuel filter bowl cracked on my
branson 4020, anybody know of an aftermarket replacement
or how to get a new one quickly,
i live in southern ohio near ashland , ky and there are no local dealers thanks dan

/ 4020 fuel filter bowl #2  
My dealer gave me an 800 number for Branson if I had any tech questions. Here it is- 877-734-2022 he said ask for Jimmy. I haven't needed it but it might help you get your part. tim

/ 4020 fuel filter bowl #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( hello, my fuel filter bowl cracked on my
branson 4020, anybody know of an aftermarket replacement
or how to get a new one quickly,
i live in southern ohio near ashland , ky and there are no local dealers thanks dan )</font>

danburt
Yanmar makes a bowl that will fit but you can probably get a bowl from your Brason dealer or a Century dealer.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PS: I think the Yanmar bowl is a lot more money.

/ 4020 fuel filter bowl #4  
The problem with the 4020 fuel bowl is that there is an oil line that runs right behind it, and if the bolt on the fuel filter assembly is tightned, it'll cause the bowl to crack (usually along the top). Branson dealers have the bowl only available (I'd have to check for a price) but when you go to install it, take the bolt out of the assembly and put a couple flat washers behind it. That way the fuel bowl assembly is held out away from the oil line and is much less likely to crack. I did this YESTERDAY on an old 4020 that has been in my shop.

Good luck!

/ 4020 fuel filter bowl #5  
I had the exact same problem on my Century 3647!
Didn't realize it till I almost ran out of fuel, then noticed it pouring out on the ground. Glad it didn't catch fire on the engine block.
Got one free from the local century dealer, and it's easy to replace, but was surprised it broke in the first place. Only have about 100 hours on the unit.

Anthony