Branson Tractors

/ Branson Tractors #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
Looking for some information on Branson tractors.

1. Who makes them?

2. What are the hp ranges?

3. How is the quality?

4. How do they handle?

5. What are some of the drawbacks?

/ Branson Tractors #2  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Looking for some information on Branson tractors.

1. Who makes them?

2. What are the hp ranges?

3. How is the quality?

4. How do they handle?

5. What are some of the drawbacks? )</font>

1)Kukje makes them (www.kukje.com)

2)29-65

3)Top notch (But I own one)

4)They handle great, very tight machine

5)I didn't buy one sooner

I love mine. It does everything I ask of it. I tried them all but just kept coming back to the Banson. I didn't settle. It compared with all the others. For more answers to your questions, try the Branson Forum.

/ Branson Tractors #3  
<font color="blue"> (Kukje makes them (www.kukje.com)) </font>

That link redirects to a search engine site.

I believe this is the correct URL, although it seems to be down at the moment. As a caveat, I haven't visited in awhile, so it may not be the current site.

/ Branson Tractors #4  
Start reading the posts in this forum about them and you will find answers to most of your questions. There are answers to questions you haven't thought of yet too.
That's what I did and I bought a 3510 in mid may and am VERY happy with it. The quality is great. I have found 3 things I would ad if I were building them though. Here they are, Air Conditioning, Rear View Mirror and Cup Holder! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif tim

/ Branson Tractors #5  
Tim:

My dealer tells me that Branson now has a magnetic cup holder. Don't know anything else about it - sorry.

/ Branson Tractors #6  
I was looking at a Branson 4520c with cab and loader is has heat,a/c , rear view mirror speakers just add your radio and out lifts everything in its size category and cheaper but yet built better. All the controls are easy reach looks comfortable hope to get one soon..

/ Branson Tractors #7  
I bought a new 6640c in Nov. '12 and love it. My friends say it's "ridiculously nice". Better than my truck. I would have preferred a toolbox instead of the cooler/food warmer. I bought a new toolbox on Ebay and installed behind the window washer guard, with a brace over to the remote cage to take out the shake/rattle. My only concern at this point is how hard it is to shift in and out of 4 wd. You have to use a LOT of pressure on the lever even when entire trans. is in N. It will only go in when you fiddle with the clutch and the reverser on the column. Since I only have 25 hrs on the tractor, I am wondering if this will improve or is something that needs warrenty work? Can't wait to go snowplowing in my shorts. I use an 8 ft. blade on the front and a 12 ft. highway plow on the rear. This eliminates the need turn around at the end of a pass, just throw it in reverse and keep windrowing to the same side.

/ Branson Tractors #8  
I bought my tractor used with 104 hrs Just turned 210 in 5 months . Makes a lot of noise at start up but settles in when its warmed up.
Had issues with the weight not being enough to move snow around. Maybe loaded tires or chains will help.
Definitely has made my life and work load easier.

/ Branson Tractors #9  
I am new to the forum. I was advised by another local owner of a Branson tractor to come here for answers to my concerns as he had. I have a Branson 4520C with just shy of 100 hours use. I did alot of research before buying my first tractor and with our company recommending Cummins on most of our projects in the marine industry it was actually this article that directed me to Branson: Cummins.com > Investor Information > News Article My problem is the lack of dealer network. It is not a cheaper tractor if you have to go half way across the country to get parts. I am currently having a problem with my front axle and I am here looking for the best solution to have it fixed. I like the tractor but I am seriously considering trading it for a older tractor from a more common brand due to the servie issues that truly take the fun out of it. My advice is get references for service satisfaction before making any final decisions regardless of the savings..... It will be no cheaper in the long run.

You can see a video here of my most recent experience: http://www.bransontractor.ca/Front_End_4520C.wmv suggestions on what it might be are welcome. For as other people I have contacted in my area have told me...once you write the check your on your own. I wish I had asked them before the purchase. However, I still can not knock the machine itself...the poor little mechanical orphan just has no support behind it. I have been in contact of the manager for service for all North America in Rome Georgia and I am still here looking for solutions that will work for me and my situation.

/ Branson Tractors #10  
I bought a new 6640c in Nov. '12 and love it. My friends say it's "ridiculously nice". Better than my truck. I would have preferred a toolbox instead of the cooler/food warmer. I bought a new toolbox on Ebay and installed behind the window washer guard, with a brace over to the remote cage to take out the shake/rattle. My only concern at this point is how hard it is to shift in and out of 4 wd. You have to use a LOT of pressure on the lever even when entire trans. is in N. It will only go in when you fiddle with the clutch and the reverser on the column. Since I only have 25 hrs on the tractor, I am wondering if this will improve or is something that needs warrenty work? Can't wait to go snowplowing in my shorts. I use an 8 ft. blade on the front and a 12 ft. highway plow on the rear. This eliminates the need turn around at the end of a pass, just throw it in reverse and keep windrowing to the same side.

I find that I need to back up very little for the 4 WD lever to go in gear. With it in reverse it shifts easily. I guess it does not have syncronizers so you have to line up the gears. It's best not to force it but let it mesh.