My first 50 - Branson 3510

/ My first 50 - Branson 3510 #1  

MarEng

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3510 Ford 3000
Did my first 50 this weekend on my Dad's 3510. Just a few quick things of note.

Oil Change - Wheels hard left and FEL full up make filter access and refilling a lot easier. I discovered the FEL portion of this advice after the crankcase was drained.

Front Axle - Keep the FEL full up - makes the refill easier. Make sure it is full up or the bucket tends to dent the head when you stand up under it.

Rear Axle - We have the back hoe with the sub frame. Makes access to anything aft of the operator's seat a real pain and the oil change nearly impossible. I ended up using the stabilizers to raise the back of the tractor to give enough room to crawl under. BLOCK THE TIRES before crawling under - I leaked down enough I had to drive off the blocks after the oil change. I only have a two gallon drain pan. Rather than swapping buckets I found it easy to reinsert the plug as the drain pan filled. I did clean the strainer while the axle was empty. Due to the sub frame it was hard to get the screen back in clean. Wrapped it in a towel for the trip back in and then pulled the towel afterwards. Slow and steady refill kept the air bubbles and glugs to a minimum. Read in another post about a hose connection to crack. Will try this next time.

Filter cross references found on this site were spot on. Local auto parts store had both, saving a morning of driving to the dealer and back.

/ My first 50 - Branson 3510 #2  
Make sure you go over your loader and backhoe bolts and also check your lug nuts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ My first 50 - Branson 3510 #3  
good for you bro...join the 50+ club! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ My first 50 - Branson 3510
Wallace:

Have been doing greasing every ten hours or so - as the tractor spent the first part of her life stored outside. The retaining bolt on the hinge pin for the back hoe has disapeared and the zirk on that pin gives me fits. Usually have to take it out and dig rust flakes out before I can force any grease in. Any suggestions on supporting the back hoe during removal of this pin? Want to pull it, clean it and reinstall when replacing the retaining bolt.