Branson C50/C50HL FEL??

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #1  

halw

Tractor
Century C42L
This is my first post so please bare with me.
I was wondering if any of you Branson dealers have heard if you are going to be able to have the Century/Zetor C50,C50HL FEL's available to you on the Bransons.
I will be looking to buy soon and would prefer the Century (38 HP UP) with the C50HL loader but they are beginning to be hard to find so I figured that a Branson may be in order.
Thanks, and Hi Everyone.

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #3  
What is the difference between the C50/C50HL and the BL20A?

Thanks Bob

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL??
Hi Bob.
First of all let me say that there is nothing wrong with the BL20A its a good loader. It is built by Ansung for Branson. The C50/C50HL is built by Humpolec in the Czech Republic for Zetor. At full height @ the pivot pin the C50 lifts 425 more lbs than the BL20A, the C50HL 490lbs more than that.
The BL20A lifts a total of about 3" higher than the C50 and about 3" less than the C50HL. But to me those specs are getting picky as are the rest of the specs, they are close enough to not make much difference. I think a drawback to the C series is the attachment rollback angle is only 20 degrees compared to 34 degrees for the BL.To me the biggest difference is the mounting system, the Century C50/C50HL uses a one piece (welded) side mounts that run from in front of the radiator all the way to the rear axle and is made from 1" (approx) thick steel. Another big difference (to me anyway) is the fender mounted joystick instead of the loader mounted joystick, thats just my personal preference there. It could also be said that the BL20A would be easier on the tractors front end.
Let me also say that I can also stand corrected if someone wants, I dont know everything and dont pretend to. H.

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #5  
Bob,
In my opinion and from my experience with the BL20A's hydraulic issues...I think it is junk compared to the C50/C50HL I tried out. It caused me some big headaches and a couple of dangerous situations.

If I keep my tractor and the C50/C50HL becomes available for the Branson's, I'll probably get one.

Have a good day.

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #6  
What were the hydraulic issues with the BL20A? I have not had any trouble yet?

Bob

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #7  
ronT
the C50/C50HL is currently available for your tractor. Have your dealer call AmJawa and get the phone # of the rep for his area.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #8  
Im not aware of any hydraulic issues, a few years back there was a routing issue on a steering line, Nothing major

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL?? #9  
I had the C50 on my 3045 but when I bought my root rake grapple I upgraded to the C50HL, front remote hydraulics with diverter valve. The reason I did this was to get the skid-steer type quick detach system that Century switched over to and the extra height and lift capacity was icing on the cake. The C50 had a quick detach system that I liked very well, the spring loaded bar that slides out and locks to release the attachment. Problem is, every attachment would have to have the compatable backing plates that are rather "pricey", so I figured by upgrading I'd save in the long run by not having to switch backing plates. Also, now anything that hooks to a skid steer will hook to my fel. I figured one day I might get a skid steer and the attachments will interchange. Also now I can buy an attachment from any dealership, not just Century that will hook right up with no modifications. This seems to be the standard for everyone on quick detach fel attachments.

/ Branson C50/C50HL FEL??
Century 3045,

Do you know if all of the C50HL loaders are equipped with the skid steer detach or is it an option for that loader? I do know the C50 dont have it.
Thanks, Hal.