Safety of half-folded ROPS

/ Safety of half-folded ROPS #1  

KYMike

Tractor
Branson 3510
I've noticed that with the ROPS on my 3510 folded halfway down (pins inserted behind the locking bracket), it is just low enough to fit into both my garage & barn. I know that the official line must be that this is not protection, but I'm tempted to leave it in this position during this time of maintenance and moving equipment back & forth. My question is whether this position affords any protection at all or am I just as exposed as if the ROPS were folded all the way down? Should I buckle in or not?

/ Safety of half-folded ROPS #2  
As far as what I have read...if your ROPs is not up you leave your belt off and get the **** off the tractir should she start to go and your able to make a move. If the ROPs is up you are belted in and should hang in for the ride if she goes.

I'm not sure about your ROPS but mine on the C 42 series folds low so no protection here. If your head is above the hinge point..you're getting nothing in the way of protection in my eyes. If your head sits below the hinge point I'm sure you might be getting some protection...but dont count on it.

my .02