Branson 6350 vs Kioti DK65S

/ Branson 6350 vs Kioti DK65S #1  

Gringo_Viejo

Tractor
JD4300, Kioti DK65S
I need some help from anyone who has experience with the Branson 6530 FEL, hydraulics, and air conditioner. I had about made up my mind to buy the Kioti DK65S when I stopped by the Rio Grande Valley Mahindra dealer and saw the Branson on his lot. After I looked it over I was almost ready to forget the Kioti, but after I got home and started researching the Branson, I became skeptical of its FEL performance. From what I could pick up from the Branson WebSite, the FEL just doesn't measure up to what one would expect on a 65 hp tractor. In the process of narrowing my options I had checked out the Montana 5740C; Kioti DK55 and DK65S; and Mahindra 6000FWD, 6500FWD, 6520 4WD, and 7010 Cab. When all the loader specs were compared, the Branson appeared to finish a dismal dead last. Some of the more disconcerting figures were Lift capacity at full height - 2050#, max lift height - 9'6", clearance with attachment level - 8' 6", clearance with bucket dumped - 6' 10", and reach at max height - 16". I am also concerned that I have been unable to locate a spec for 3 point hitch lift capacity and hydraulic pump capacity / delivery. I told the dealer that the tractor absolutely must be able to stack 1200 lb. round bales two high on a flat bed trailer and unload them. He has given me the name of the regional rep, but I would like to hear from someone with experience using the FEL. The final two concern items were that the air conditioner seems a little weak for coping with the 110 degrees in the shade we find here in the summer, and that buried in the spec on the Branson Web Page is a note that the horsepower / RPM figures are manufacturer's estimates.

Aside from that I loved the tractor. The ergonomics are superb as is the 24/24 transmission. I would really like to buy the Branson, and I have great confidence in the dealer and his ability to provide service. I just wish the 6530 had a couple of years more field experience .

On the other hand, what's not to like about the Kioti? It seems to be a great tractor, but the dealer doesn't have one that I can look over. I have a hard time dropping nearly $38k sight unseen for tractor, FEL, Bale Spear, Pallet Forks, and Delivery. The Kioti air conditioner may not be any better than the Branson either.

The Branson is a couple of thousand less, so price is not a great consideration. If anyone out there has any experience with these two tractors in the environment that I have described (particularly the 6530 FEL) I would be most grateful for your input.

/ Branson 6350 vs Kioti DK65S #2  
I have the 6530, and love it. haven't had any issues at all. Anything I've tried to lift with the loader, it has done it fine. I have a wrlong root grapple on the front, and have picked up 36" diameter oak logs 10-12' and stacked them without issues. I used my forks to unload a bunch of pallets of horse feed for a friend. Each pallet weighing 2k and didn't have issues. The airconditioner keeps me cool on a 95 degree day but don't have anything else to compare it to. I'm sure therre are a lot better tractors out there, but will come with cost. For what I use it for seems to be more then I need.

/ Branson 6350 vs Kioti DK65S
Clydes,

Thanks for your input. I'm glad to hear that your Branson does what you want it to. You have alleviated my concern about FEL capabilities.

/ Branson 6350 vs Kioti DK65S #4  
Hope all goes well. If you think that your not getting enough umph from your FEL, the dealer can turn up the pressure the pump puts out to increase it.