I did my 50 hour service

/ I did my 50 hour service #1  

Toby873

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4720i
I put my 4720i on my trailer. It made it extremely easy to move the 41 quart plastic tub with gallon milk jugs around to the various draining holes. Poured the old stuff into used 5 gallon buckets. Able to collect all 36 quarts of hydro in one shot, plastic tub caught any drips, any other drips just went on the trailer wood and not on the ground. With the tractor up at eye level it made it easier to see, easier to examine, easier to blow all the dirt away, easier to see all the grease fittings. I replaced all filters with factory ones, except the inner air filter which looked to be in the exact same shape as my new one so I will save that one for the next time. I am not a mechanic by any means. Just followed the owners manual. I did use the Century manual to show me where the hydro pre-screen was. It was an easy process.
Toby

/ I did my 50 hour service #2  
Thanks for the trailer tip, may do that next time.
Glad to hear it went smooth for ya.
Gene

/ I did my 50 hour service #3  
Good job Toby873! I love the feeling of doing my own tractor maintenance. I also do my service on the trailer. As you said it gives a better angle of attack plus the wood is not nearly as hard as concrete.

/ I did my 50 hour service #4  
Thanks for the trailer tip. I will be doing mine as soon as I have the time. I am getting too old and fat to be crawling around on the ground anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will give that a try. I was going to just have the dealer do it, but I don't have any warrantee issues, so I couldn't see bugging him just for the service. Did you reuse your hydro oil by chance? 50 hrs. sure don't seem like much to be putting in fresh. Thanx again....Brian

/ I did my 50 hour service
I did not re-use my hydro. Once you see the pre-screen metal shavings, you will have a better time swallowing the price of 36 new quarts. Just followed the directions. Not having a huge background in mechanics it is just interesting to start crawling around underneath turning bolts. I also rerouted the steering line to run along the right side of the engine rather than under it. I think that it is better protected that way from the brush and crap that I run over. Easy change.
Toby