FEL Lift Capacity

/ FEL Lift Capacity #2  
The breakout force @ ground level 500mm forward of pivot pin is 2315 lbs. This is the BL10A Loader specs from the Branson website. I have the BL20A on my 3820i and using the pallet forks found that the most 50 lbs retaining wall blocks I could lift off my trucks was 24 or 1,200 lbs. It has to do with the distance from the pivots. I am sure I could carry closer to the 2700 lbs mine is rated for if one could move the center of gravity closer to the pivots.

Jim

/ FEL Lift Capacity
Thanks Jim

Didn't know where/how the FELs were rated. We bought the tractor to help with unloading bundles of plywood (1800-1900 pounds). Yesterday we had a unit come in & when we attempted to lift it off the truck...it wouldn't budge.
We next started stacking a sheet at the time on the forks & could only get 10 sheets on & the tractor maneuver them into the shop safely.

Oh well so much for salesmen. He said it would lift a unit easy.

/ FEL Lift Capacity #4  
If it wont do what he said it would, maybe take it back....?
It is a good tractor, then again you may need a forklift?
Have you thought about stacking the plywood on end, rather than laying it down.
I'd think it would have a bit more lifting power if stacked back up on end?
Gene

/ FEL Lift Capacity #5  
jbunkley said:
Thanks Jim

Didn't know where/how the FELs were rated. We bought the tractor to help with unloading bundles of plywood (1800-1900 pounds). Yesterday we had a unit come in & when we attempted to lift it off the truck...it wouldn't budge.
We next started stacking a sheet at the time on the forks & could only get 10 sheets on & the tractor maneuver them into the shop safely.

Oh well so much for salesmen. He said it would lift a unit easy.

Have the dealer measure the lift capacity and/or the pressure when the loader bypasses. Occasionally we see them set too light. That loader will lift about 2100 # at the pivot pins, and probably 1700 or so at the front edge of the bucket. If the forks are the clamp on the bucket type, you lose a lot of lift capacity. If they take the place of the bucket, you should see about 1500 # capacity 24" out on the forks. This is my experience.

Remember, a big tractor makes a little forklift. It takes nearly 100HP class to lift what an old beater Hyster 4000 forklift will lift. Forks are very handy, but not real high capacity.

/ FEL Lift Capacity
GEB,
That is a very sound idea. However these units of plywood come with bands on them & the purpose of the tractor was so the driver would not have to monkey the truck up to the shop so we can lift them off with our forklift. I could pour a concrete slab to extend out far enough to run the forklift out to the truck but, with the price of concrete it was cheaper to purchase the tractor. Besides I love tractors better than concrete.

If we were to cut the bands on the plywood so as to restack them vertically on the tractor...well it would be faster to have the driver monkey the truck into position to use the forlift. On the other hand if they would load the plywood across the tail of the truck he could back up square to the shop & we could drive the forklift up grab the plywood & he could go (5 minutes). They have all kinds of excuses as to why it didn't get loaded that way.

I guess we will be pouring a a slab.

Thanks for the reply.

/ FEL Lift Capacity
DAVESTRACTOR,

I think I will do what you suggested...it does seem a little weak.

Thanks for you reply