Backhoe Adding a Backhoe to 4720I

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #1  

Jeff M

Tractor
Branson 4720I
I have started looking for a backhoe for my Branson 4720I. Two options I am considering.

Option #1) The Branson hoe that is made by Ameriquip. This is Branson #8600. This unit has a sub frame and operates off the tractor hyd. supply. 3730 lbs digging force. Digs a 8'-6" deep hole with a 2' flat bottom.

Option #2) A Woods 90 X series. This unit has a sub frame and operates off a PTO pump for hyd. supply. 4180/5070 lbs digging force. Digs a 9'-0" deep hole with a 2' flat bottom.

Pricing is close. I am leaning toward the Woods hoe because of the extra reach and increased digging force. Does anyone have experience with these.

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #2  
Branson makes or I should say has a darn good hoe BUT Woods new 90X...
You can beat that hoe!
It also comes with the bracket already on there for a thumb down the road or now depending on how deep your pockets go.
Woods also offers financing and they come standard with a 2 year warranty.
AND you can get it in Branson red!

Just so you know the Branson tractor has plenty of GPM's to run the Woods hoe thru the tractor hydraulics and Woods does offer a complete hose kit for it, you don't need the Pto pump kit.:D

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I
Ricky Wallace,

Thank you for the information. I will call Woods and ask about the hoses required. They tolk me I would need the PTO pump. I assumed the Branson tractor did not produce enough GPM and the Woods site does not state the GPM required. It just states 2500PSI.

They did tell me that it comes in Branson red though. And gave me a part number for the under frame.

Jeff M

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #4  
I got a good deal on a Jinma Backhoe and hooked it to my 3510 and connected it to the tractor hydraulics. It was easy to do and I work the hoe with throttle at about 1400rpm so if I needed more oil I have plenty of room to increase.
On the right rear of the tractor, behind the tire is a figure "8" looking dogbone bypass fitting. One side is pressure out the other is return. I think it's called "power beyond". I ran off of these with an ajustable pressure release between the hoses. Hoe works great and FEL works normal too.

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #5  
Jeff M said:
I will call Woods and ask about the hoses required. They tolk me I would need the PTO pump. I assumed the Branson tractor did not produce enough GPM and the Woods site does not state the GPM required. It just states 2500PSI.

I agree with Wallace. You do not need the Woods PTO pump/res setup.
It adds $1000 or so to the price, too. I have heard of tractor dealers
pushing the pumps, but I am quite surprised the manufacturer is doing
so.

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #6  
what kind of money were you looking at for each?

I'm kind of considering one myself.

anthony

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I
Anthony,

I have a firm price on the Woods from a non Branson Dealer. This includes: 90 X hoe, sub-frame, Manual Thumb and pump at $9000.00 plus $400.00 for installation.

Approx cost on Branson 8600 with frame. $8000.00-$8500.00 installed I think. I will price firm next week. Branson dealers are not real strong here.

I am not going to shop Branson too hard because I think the Woods hoe is the way I am going. I will shop a couple of dealers for the Woods hoe in my area before I buy one.

I wish we had a Branson dealer like Wallace in my area.

Jeff M

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #8  
Jeff check your pm.

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #9  
Jeff, 8-85 seems way hi for a hoe from Branson
I have one and it has served me well!
Not sure what I give for mine because I got a pakage deal...
but I got a buddy who just bought a hoe from the same dealer.
I do know it was a dealer demo $4700 complete with sub frame and
what ever he needed to plumb it.

Gene

/ Adding a Backhoe to 4720I #10  
Yikes!@!!

I was thinking in the 4 to 5 thou range. I had no idea.

Looks like I'll be buying a shovel soon:(

anthony