Branson 2910i

/ Branson 2910i #1  

rdam

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 3240 DT
Been a LONG time since I posted. I formerly owned a Kubota L3830 with FEL and 6' BH. At the time, I was maintaining 15 acres of pasture. I have sold some land and the big Kubota, and am looking at a 2910i to maintain the 5 acres I still have. The Kubota spoiled me, and if it were not for the electric/hydraulic PTO, I would not have looked at the Branson...But I did.

It looks well made, and features like a 12x12 sync/shuttle with electric/hydraulic PTO, and a 4 year warranty have me leaning towards this reasonably priced machine.

It will be a glorified lawnmower and wheelbarrow...no real heavy work. Question is: What has been the experience with the "new" electro/hydro PTO, and what is the quality of the loader?

/ Branson 2910i #2  
rdam said:
Been a LONG time since I posted. I formerly owned a Kubota L3830 with FEL and 6' BH. At the time, I was maintaining 15 acres of pasture. I have sold some land and the big Kubota, and am looking at a 2910i to maintain the 5 acres I still have. The Kubota spoiled me, and if it were not for the electric/hydraulic PTO, I would not have looked at the Branson...But I did.

It looks well made, and features like a 12x12 sync/shuttle with electric/hydraulic PTO, and a 4 year warranty have me leaning towards this reasonably priced machine.

It will be a glorified lawnmower and wheelbarrow...no real heavy work. Question is: What has been the experience with the "new" electro/hydro PTO, and what is the quality of the loader?
They are very reliable, Electro/hydralic PTO'S Have been used in the industry on larger machines for years. Its a great machine and priced right. They also came out with a 1000.00 customer cash back rebate on the 2910 which can also be used towards down payment as well.Of coarse for a limited time only

/ Branson 2910i #3  
Where in N Florida are you? I am in St Johns Co just south of Jax.
I have a 3510 Branson on 2 acres, I would kill for 15 acres, injure to have 5!! I have trouble finding things to do. I use the bucket when I pick up pine cones.
Get the R-4 Industrial tires, unless we have a lot of rain or you turn real sharp they don't hurt the grass. I have a 5' finish mower and a 5' Woods brushcutter. It pulls them very well.
The FEL is very well made and the quick disconnect system can't be beat. It can be installed or removed in minutes. Drop the stands, pull 2 pins and disconnect 4 hoses.
I broke one of the dash plastic panels. Ordered from the dealer by phone/credit card, shipped from the warehouse in Ga. I had it in 2 days.
I am very happy with my Branson. The quality is there. If you watch this thread you will see few complaints or even problems. It's probably the slowest thread on this board.

/ Branson 2910i #4  
I love my 4720! you will not be dissipointed.

What is the deal with the hydro/electric pto? I don't have it. I don't see the advantage? Can some one square me away on that?

/ Branson 2910i
Stimw said:
Where in N Florida are you? I am in St Johns Co just south of Jax.
I have a 3510 Branson on 2 acres, I would kill for 15 acres, injure to have 5!! I have trouble finding things to do. I use the bucket when I pick up pine cones.

I'm in Columbia County. 5 acres of clear pasture which was formerly a dairy farm.

There are two dealers nearby. Lazenby's and Lee's Custom Service. Any comments good or bad on either of these dealers? Also, anybody know when the 1K rebate expires?

/ Branson 2910i #7  
mudcat said:
Got my tractor from Lazenby's. No problems with service and warranty claims.
Hi ,
I just made a deal at Lazenby's last week on 2910 with fel seens like good people to I delt with Don.

mike48

/ Branson 2910i #8  
I bought my tractor from Baldwins in Palatka, I talked with him and saved $400. 3 years ago.
I bought a FEL from Lazenby's right before christmas 06 for it and also dealt with Don. He was very good to deal with. They didn't have a FEL seperate in stock so he removed one from a new tractor and let me watch the guy remove it so I would know how to install.
A friend of mine has a boat business in Interlocken. He saw my 3510 and bought one from Don also. Don even gave an employee safety class for him on the tractor use.

/ Branson 2910i #9  
BobQ said:
I love my 4720! you will not be dissipointed.

What is the deal with the hydro/electric pto? I don't have it. I don't see the advantage? Can some one square me away on that?

I don't have it either, but some people like the electric pto to get away from the 2 stage clutch. I would probably have gotten it if it was offered when I bought my 05, but I have no problems at all with the 2 stage clutch, in fact I'm very happy with it...Just more options to make each and everyone happy when shopping Branson.....Kong

/ Branson 2910i #10  
for those who bought the 2910 mind if i ask what you paid. i got a quote today for one for $13,600 w/ fel, shuttle shift and r4s.